What's new

Gillette 1918 ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12077323055...NX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_1413

Any help with an ID on this,

I am guessing its a 1918 Old type ball end but could not find a pic of one online or a case that looks like that case does.

I have seen a pic of a 1920's old type ball end that had a similar case that the top part was for cigarettes. The shape of that case matches this one except this one does not have the band that holds the cigs.

proxy.php

found this image on another post here sowing their collection. On the top left is the 1920's old type ball end

Last edited:
Looks like the darker Copely set, to me. Not sure why the seller said "circa 1918" -- the Copely was one of the post-patent Old Type sets from 1921 and later.

proxy.php

You are probably right, I am hoping it cleans up nice and that I didn't get hosed too bad. Just saw it at that price with 14 mins left to go and impulse bought it.

You're missing the blade case, and the razor is probably down to the brass in most places from the look of it. (Green is a warning color with razors.) However, as long as they're not hiding any bad cracks in the handle, $15 to your door is still an easily winning price, I'd say. You should still be able to shine the brass up nicely even if the gold is shot.

Top Bottom