What's new

New from the *New ***Forest

This arrived yesterday, and I'm very happy with it..

A 24mm 2-Band from the New Forest in faux horn. This example actually measures 25mm. with a 50mm loft. The handle is truly hand turned, and the material is quite beautiful.
The New Forest brushes have been my "go to" for some time, and the 2 band hair in particular, because it just does everything well. I think this 24mm will even surpass it's little brother..

proxy.php

Most of their handle designs strike me as "eh, almost..." and this is no exception. Needs a bit more curve on the bottom half or something.

Most of their handle designs strike me as "eh, almost..." and this is no exception. Needs a bit more curve on the bottom half or something.

Me too. I also don't really like the sticker, looks too much like it's trying to be a Simpson with the colors. I prefer the way Rudy does it, or even engraved like a shavemac. The plisson logo treatment is pretty cool too. But now we're off on a different topic.

That said I hope you like it, and I'm sure that it's better than a cheap boar or tweezerman so enjoy it.

I've got a New Forest High Mountain (2221). It was the last of Fido's brushes to be made entirely in China. 22x47mm knot. Very soft and an inexpensive way to get a rare species of hair (the reason I purchased it). The fan shape provides a bigger feel on the face (which suits me as I prefer larger brushes). At 45 pounds I am pleased with it (I even used it yesterday!)

Attachments

• $Screen Shot 2011-09-11 at 9.14.30 AM.jpg
    $Screen Shot 2011-09-11 at 9.14.30 AM.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 165
I've got a New Forest High Mountain (2221). It was the last of Fido's brushes to be made entirely in China. 22x47mm knot. Very soft and an inexpensive way to get a rare species of hair (the reason I purchased it). The fan shape provides a bigger feel on the face (which suits me as I prefer larger brushes). At 45 pounds I am pleased with it (I even used it yesterday!)

I like this one, no sticker and a shape that probably can't be beat

Congratulations! My New Forest two band is my favorite brush. The new handle materials look nice but I am not keen on the sticker.

Thanks for all the kind words..

The shape? I agree that the persian jar shape is probably the ultimate, but as they say... variety is the spice of life, and how many persian jars can one have on the shelf? This shave is highly functional.. It provides a man sized grip. The only negative I can find is that, as a confirmed bowl latherer, there is not enough lip to kerep the brush from slipping into the bowl of lather. But, I have alot of brushes that suffer from that fault!

The sticker? Simpsons uses stickers, and folks seem to love them anyway. If this sticker falls off as readily as they do on my Simpsons, I'll simply pony up my dollars and buy a few Simpsons stickers to replace it...

As far as performance goes, it's easily as good as what I consider to be the benchmark of performance, in my world at least... My Simpsons "Ehsan."

But, as in all things in life, my observations are purely subjective and prone to personal preference... As always... YMMV

I recently got one of these and am really impressed. I just ordered one of his Tubby's. I really hope it works out as well.

Top Bottom