What's new

TOBS St.James - does it do anything?

I tried TOBS St James two times so far. I seems to me that it is nothing but perfumed alcohol. It does not do anything with razor burn. When I use Musgo Real, it heals razor burn very effectively and after a few hours the burn is totally gone. But with TOBS St.James, nothing seems to happen. Has anyone else experienced the same?

Last edited:
The TOBS splashes don't seem to have much moisturizer or conditioner in them if any and I've not seen an ingredient list anywhere that shows what's in them. Definitely nothing like Musgo. A touch of unscented balm will fix you up if you like the scent but need a little more for your skin.

Traditional splashes often don't do anything for razor burn, because they're not intended to be healing or soothing - they're made to tone and tighten the skin after a successful shave. If you want healing and soothing, there are other products designed specifically for that.

I just added these ingredients to TOBS St. James Collection Aftershave Lotion: Alcohol Denat, Parfum, Isopropyl Myristate, Diethyl Phtalate, Menthol, Aqua, CI42090 (Parfum contains: benzyl salicylate, citral, citronellol, eugenol, geraniol, hexyl cinnamaldehyde, linalool, 2-(4-tert-butylbenzyl) propionanldehyde, D-limonene).

Most of that is indeed not healing or soothing: the menthol might numb a little, and the alcohol and Isopropyl myristate will disinfect. The rest of the ingredients seem to be scents, binders, and color.

The TOBS splashes don't seem to have much moisturizer or conditioner in them if any and I've not seen an ingredient list anywhere that shows what's in them. Definitely nothing like Musgo. A touch of unscented balm will fix you up if you like the scent but need a little more for your skin.

The scent is neither great nor bad. Yeah, Musgo's performance is really spectacular.

Top Bottom