What's new

Jeans

Hello gentlemen,

I'm in some need of help looking for my next pair of jeans. I've worn banana republic's before and I think they are good quality. But truthfully, i dont know too much about jeans. So thats where I'm looking for help. What are some good quality jeans that hopefully cost under 100$.

For under 100 I wear express for men jeans... Great fit on me (tall/athletic with a skinny waist and bigger thighs) where as most jeans that fit my waist are way to tight in the thigh and butt. I normally wear the rocco boot cut or kingston fits. Over $100 i wear AG (carried at nordstrom) or APC

I currently wear Express also. They are comfortable. 2-3 year wearable life before it begins to fall apart. I'll probably never go back though, as I am no longer happy with their quality. The leather patch on one pair shrunk in the dryer, and it changed how the jean fits. Their dress shirts I consider disposable after 12 months. Boxer briefs the same, dress pants the same. They have huge sales all the time however, so never pay full price. I have a pair of Lucky and Guess that I love.

Lucky and Guess can go over $100, but you can find a cut/fit you like easily within your budget.

I'm currently wearing Gap jeans. I too have the problem Rich189 noted above involving either a good waist fit and too tight in the butt/upper thigh, or good leg/butt fit and too loose around the waist. I don't recall the cut I get off hand but they were roughly $50.

Gap 1969 Standard Fit jeans are excellent. They're like $60.
Ditto for Levis 559 Relaxed Straight Jeans. Those are like $45.
Simple, look good, don't cost a crapload of money. If you want pants over $100, don't wear jeans.

Wranglers, if you plan to spend any time on a horse. They are cut to accommodate sitting in a saddle. Otherwise, 501's.

Same here!! I also just bought a pair of Kirkland from Costco, seems like they're made by Levi for them..other than that, I don't wear any other kind.

Levi 501's. For 20 years some are more than ten years old and worn plenty i am not gentle to my jeans.

I like my Levis, but I'm also quite happy with Old Navy jeans, to be honest. I can't justify nor understand the $100+ crowd. I wear mine to work, so they have to hold up well to abuse. I work on and around cars and tires. The pair of jeans I've had longest was probably the cheapest pair I've bought *that wasn't at a thrift store*. A pair of rustlers from Kmart, I think....they have outlasted every other pair I've owned. Most of mine wear out in the "gentleman's region" long before the knees or other areas...YMMV, of course!

It really comes down to what style, fit and colour you like. A lot of the jean companies have online models to give you a vague idea of how you will look in their stuff...Best of luck!

Levi's 501 shrink-to-fit. I'll never be without a few pair. If I need something more stylish, I pull out the Diesel, Chip & Pepper or (pre-recession) Cavalli, but none fit better than the Levi's.

Last edited:
Best deal going right now is lands end canvas hertiage slim fit. They've been on clearance for 15 bucks a pop forever now, can still get most sizes in ata least one color. Fit a tad looser than 501s of the same waist. I've got 3 pairs and love them. Otherwise

Various levis Are pretty reliable
Luckys are usually nice
I had some Mavis a few years back that were great
I recently picked up a pair of paper denim and cloth at a consignment shop for pretty cheap, and they are really nice.

I guess just go try some stuff on and see what you like, and look for sales. I don't think I've ever paid full price for a pair of jeans.

Order some 501 shrink to fits from Langstons. The green rigid is nice. They have a sizing guide on the site. Put em on and get in a warm bath for 20 min. Wring em out and wear them around for a while while they dry. I think they are about 45 bucks. They'll be your favorite pair of jeans in no time. Just don't ever dry them. Absolutely best denim you can get for under $100.
I wear denim from The Stronghold, but you aren't going to like paying $275-400 bucks. ;)

There are plenty of great Levis, some that are 200+ but start with those.
It's all about cloth and fit. This is the best way to get some good fitting denim.

Top Bottom