What's new

Featured Aftershave - Dr. Harris Marlborough

Running a business in the same location for over 220 years is not something that just anyone can do but the folks at Dr. Harris & Co. done just that. Their pharmacy which started in 1790 now holds several royal warrants and has expanded their store online to provide products around the world. Their product line has something for everyone but I think the Marlborough aftershave is a great aftershave to use for late summer & early fall.

proxy.php

Even though I use Marlborough all year round I think it’s great for this time of year. The cedar & sandalwood is nice and not too strong, the light menthol cooling feels good without being intense. The scent definitely leans more towards cedar than sandalwood with a little touch of “Sawmill” thrown in for good measure. No danger of it being mistaken for a unisex scent which makes me like it even more. On me the scent fades in about an hour so it’s a good daily splash for work.

Several good comments in the reviews section and you can often pick some up on BST if you keep an eye out. Online you should be able to pick it up for around $35 from one of our sponsoring vendors. Not really cheap but a very high quality product.

Ingredients: Alcohol Denat., Aqua, Glycerin, Parfum, Menthol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Isoeugenol.

I read on here somewhere from a member who said that it reminds him of a dirty ash tray....I think he is right, but I like it!

I used up a bottle of this. Finishing it off about a year ago. While I love the Marlborough shave soap I was not taken with the aftershave splash. It was not a bad product, but the mix of menthol with the predominant cedar wood scent was not to my liking. It was not offensive, it just didn't do anything for me. And the skin conditioning was nothing special either. I LOVE D.R. Harris products so no one should take this as saying the product is sub par. It is simply not as effective as say Musgo Real Classic.

Regards, Todd

P.S. I would agree this splash is best during fall. I liked it better on dry days when there was not much moisture in the air.

I just got some, but it has become one of my favorites. I find that it's earthy-woodiness plays well with Musgo Real products (and of course, the wonderful DRH Marlborough soap!).

Emptied my test bottle of this superb AS today. Fortunately I got a full size bottle on the way from England.

For me, this AS is just fantastic! Smeels good and manly, sooths any razorburn like magic, a nice cooling effect and leaves my skin smooth as silk.

Edit: Next Im ordering the cologne! :001_smile

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I know this is the AS section, but does the cologne compare favorably?

on edit: went to West Coast Shaving and read the description. Last line says: "Suitable for everyday use by gentlemen of distinction". I hope that doesn't rule me out :biggrin:

Last edited:
on edit: went to West Coast Shaving and read the description. Last line says: "Suitable for everyday use by gentlemen of distinction". I hope that doesn't rule me out :biggrin:

You should be safe. I wear it often and have yet to be visited by the Dr. Harris police. :lol:

I got a sample, and was not impressed. It did not have enough Sandalwood for me and just does not smell good on me. Glad for the sample shop! The other samples I got have lead to some spending though!

I read on here somewhere from a member who said that it reminds him of a dirty ash tray....I think he is right, but I like it!

I think it goes on like that, but that burns off in just a few minutes and your left with the same fragrance as the soap.

I love the menthol in DR Harris aftershave. It's the perfect balance. And while I love Arlington more, Marlborough is outstanding. And like the OP said, great for this time of the year.

Top Bottom