What's new

Fragrance allergies

Need help regarding which ingredients might be giving me problems.

The following frags cause me to get nasal congestion/stuffiness:

Endymion
Racquets
Aventus
GIT
Chergui

I do completely fine with Red Vetyver, LDDM, SMW, English Fern.

The best I can come up with is that the more powdery fragrances induce more of an allergic response. But not all those mentioned above are powdery.

Anyone have suggestions on how to work around this issue? I'm wondering if I should stick with certain limited frags that dont feature ____ ingredient, or if there is any rhyme/reason to this. Anyone with similar problems?

I have fragrance AD so just sticking with a few isn't a great option LOL. But I will want to stay away from making purchases of full frags that I end up not using due to these issues (love the decants!)

I've run into the same thing. After becoming a daily cologne wearer, I developed the that same nasal distress and sinus irritation, which I initially mistook as spring allergies. Some colognes are worse than others, and the powdery ones seem to be the worst. I'm still working to find the fragrances in my collection that I can safely wear. If you come up with an antidote -- or a list of ingredients that cause the problem -- I'd like to hear from you. Thanks.

Does anybody get super itchy eyes from wearing cologne? I take an allergy pill everyday, yet my eyes itch. I keep blaming the Mrs dog...maybe its the scents i've been wearing!

I get this too, from some citrus/"green" things. Green Irish Tweed, Blenheim Bouquet and AdP Colonia Intensa have been some of the offenders, as has John Allan's AS splash. Interestingly, Harris Arlington (AS version) works just fine, so not all citrus/green things are alike, apparently. Now all we need is someone to find the common ingredient in all this stuff. :)

Creed Windsor has this effect on me. Will leave me with sinus congestion and make me sneeze, but only through the topnotes. After an hour, I'm clear and enjoying the scent.

Top Bottom