What's new

Michiel's Shaving journal

I've been shaving with a straight for a few months (5 to be exact), but never started this thread. I've gotten fairly good at honing and I used both natural as synthetic stones along with various strops, pastes and sprays.

I thought I'd start out with a video. Somebody asked me to do a full Shapton Pro progression and finish on the 0.125 CBN.

Progression: 2k, 5k, 8k, 15k, 30k, 0.125 CBN on balsa, 0.125 on horse leather, horse strop.

So here's the shave. I left out stropping.

Last edited by a moderator:
very nice vid..nor you or your razor made a "peep"..hehe..I assume you dont have those pesky whiskers around your adams apple?

Excellent, this video is in line with a paring, obsidian and other knives for shaving. Thanks for sharing!!!!

Al raz.

A fantastic video. You seem so calm and collected. And to think, I find using a 7/8 or 8/8 awkward.

What attracted you to using a 48/8 cleaver? The challenge? For those like-minded souls with experience, how does the shave compare to a puny 5/8 or 6/8 razor?

Really fascinating!

I had BBS, exept for 1 spot, but I often miss it with a regular SR too. It was a challenge. i wouldn't do that on my own :D

:w00t: Madness!

Now if someone would do it with a free-hand sharpened Damascus D11, that would be a lot safer, or...:001_unsur

Top Bottom