What's new

Weekend Auction Acquisitions and A Robert Klaas Safety?

The Haul: 4 Auctions @ $50 total
proxy.php

Left to right, top to bottom:

Fat Handle Tech (cased) #58 Aristocrat (cased with red loop) Slim Handle Tech (original? cased)

Mystery Razor, English "Slim Twist" (Same as the Knack?), Gem Junior

Aluminium Tech x2, English Nickel plated Tech x2

The Gem Junior is in superb condition, very shiny and sparkly
proxy.php

The #58 I have covered already

But can someone tell me what this is
proxy.php

proxy.php

A google of that patent number leads to ebay auctions for "Robert Klaas" safety razors, but none of the handles match this one, though the heads look very similar. Could mine or theirs be a frankenrazor? Do Pat nos apply across variations on the same model?

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
But can someone tell me what this is?

A google of that patent number leads to ebay auctions for "Robert Klaas" safety razors, but none of the handles match this one, though the heads look very similar. Could mine or theirs be a frankenrazor? Do Pat nos apply across variations on the same model?

That handle is from a Durham Duplex. Nice, heavy frankenrazor. Pre WWII head (DRGM)

Aha! An incomplete Durham Duplex was included in the same auction. Had a handle and head but no base plate. I wonder hmmmmm...

Your Gem JR. appears to be a Gem 1912 model. Better deal yet.

It is the same as a Gem 1912 I already have, but this actually says Gem Junior on the back. Side by side the Junior appears "whiter" and shinier than the 1912, but they are in all other respects identical.

proxy.php

Junior on the right

Yep, I went and checked the handle that was attached to the Durham, and it is a match for the Robert Klaas razors I have seen on ebay. However, I actually prefer the Durham handle on it I think; heftier, prettier and a better grip.

It is the same as a Gem 1912 I already have, but this actually says Gem Junior on the back. Side by side the Junior appears "whiter" and shinier than the 1912, but they are in all other respects identical.

proxy.php

Junior on the right
They are 1919 GEMS(patent 1912). One way of knowing is the Jr lifting tab should smooth and regular GEM should have a indented lifting tab....

Last edited:
Top Bottom