What's new

Are there any foods that you enjoy that you aren't prepared "correctly" ?

For example, I hate when I have to eat a sausage that isn't overcooked. I don't like my sausage to have any juices left in it. I want an overcooked, dry, tough sausage. Most people who appreciate fine food would shun me for this, but that's just the only way I can do it.

Anyone else have little food idiosyncrasies?

Other examples:

I HATE HATE HATE hand-made mashed potatoes. If it doesn't come in a powder or in flakes, I will struggle to eat it. Lumps are the worst thing in the world.

If I'm ordering a burger at a restaurant, I'll probably ask to get it "hockey pucked" like my sausage. Not for taste, more for sanitation since I don't trust frozen ground beef.

Sabra hummus > fresh hummus :blushing:

Have the sausage patties at Cracker Barrel. Thru are always dry no matter which one I go into.

I can't think of any foods that I want that are not prepared correctly. To me, if I like it then it's right!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I do like my lasagna overcooked, to get the crispy burnt cheese. I really can't think of anything else, except one dish that some may find weird. I like to cook up spaghetti, put butter in it, and load it up with the cheap Kraft grated parmesan cheese. It has to be the cheap stuff in the green can. We never had much growing up, and when us kids were home during the summer and mom was working, we would make that. I still make it every once and a while.

I used to eat raw pork sausage as a child, truely, sucked the meat out of the skin like an ice lolly. How I didn't manage to fall severely ill I do not know.

The raw green bean thing is gross to me. Green beans aren't meant to be blanched for ten seconds then plunged into ice water. Green beans are meant to have the hell cooked out of them with some bacon grease.

I do like my lasagna overcooked, to get the crispy burnt cheese. I really can't think of anything else, except one dish that some may find weird. I like to cook up spaghetti, put butter in it, and load it up with the cheap Kraft grated parmesan cheese. It has to be the cheap stuff in the green can. We never had much growing up, and when us kids were home during the summer and mom was working, we would make that. I still make it every once and a while.

Oh that's a good one. You have to add the red tomato sauce from the can though! Still one of my top five comfort foods.

I think creme brulee tastes much better at room temperature than refrigerator-cold as it's typically served. What can I say, I'm a rebel.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I like pizza with all that stuff on it that isn't "supposed" to be on it. :001_rolle

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I HATE HATE HATE hand-made mashed potatoes. If it doesn't come in a powder or in flakes, I will struggle to eat it. Lumps are the worst thing in the world.

I know just what you mean. Why, just the other day Scotto punched out Eric Ripert for trying to serve him Yukon Golds.

The raw green bean thing is gross to me. Green beans aren't meant to be blanched for ten seconds then plunged into ice water. Green beans are meant to have the hell cooked out of them with some bacon grease.

I agree with you there. I don't like it when the beans squeak against my teeth while chewing them. Which proves my earlier point. There are many ways to prepare foods, and the methods that I eat are the right ones for me. So there is no eating foods that are prepared incorrectly. If I like it, then it is correct.

I like my KD (Kraft Dinner or Macaroni and Cheese) thick and oily.
No milk, just a little water and lots of margarine (has to be Becel).
This is the only way i'll eat it.

I like pork chops that are cooked so long they turn into jerky, thats the way my mom used to cook them. I also like my sausage as dry as possible. Especially venison link sausage.

I agree with you there. I don't like it when the beans squeak against my teeth while chewing them. Which proves my earlier point. There are many ways to prepare foods, and the methods that I eat are the right ones for me. So there is no eating foods that are prepared incorrectly. If I like it, then it is correct.

Oh yeah I get your point, I just wanted to see what other people ate that would give most foodies indigestion. I'm a huge fan of fine food, but I still love my cheap, abnormally prepared food!

But... that's the best part! I love 'em when they squeak on my teeth.

I like leftover spaghetti when it's over-reheated in the microwave so that it comes out kind of crunchy and hard. It's better as leftovers this way then fresh.

When I was a kid, I would wait for my food to cool before eating, to the point that the meat was cold. Ham, especially, was hard for me to choke down warm. Now it's just the opposite.

Top Bottom