What's new

Want gentle moisturizing, don't want scent.

I go straight for an unscented moisturizer. A small amount of Eucerin Redness Relief Night Cream works great, as does Cetaphil Moisturizer.

RC

why don't you want scent--because you always dislike it (which makes you a total freak in need of therapy) or because you assume there is something wrong with it as the result of misinformation?

avoiding scent closes the door on the best: lucky tiger. the smell fades within a minute, but you get to enjoy the initial blast, unless you are a freak in need of therapy.

v.

I feel so much better now that the US government tells me it's OK to use, since they could never possibly be bought by special interests, especially considering the thousands and thousands of topical products that would have to be re-formulated to eliminate them. ;)

I just happen to prefer to use products that do not contain certain chemicals, and I choose to support products & producers who have worked to eliminate them.

As per the link: "The CIR is an industry-sponsored organization that reviews cosmetic ingredient safety and publishes its results in open, peer-reviewed literature. FDA participates in the CIR in a non-voting capacity."

That is the important part, peer reviewed. As in, if there was something shoddy or faulty done in the experiments, the other scientists peer reviewing the literature would go ahead and say something, and the data would then not allowed to be published. Of course, there could still be some sort of error, but overall, I would trust it. After all, this is how a majority of science is done today, and I would say that it works pretty well considering all of the advancements made in the last 100 years. :)

As per the link: "The CIR is an industry-sponsored organization that reviews cosmetic ingredient safety and publishes its results in open, peer-reviewed literature. FDA participates in the CIR in a non-voting capacity."

That is the important part, peer reviewed. As in, if there was something shoddy or faulty done in the experiments, the other scientists peer reviewing the literature would go ahead and say something, and the data would then not allowed to be published. Of course, there could still be some sort of error, but overall, I would trust it. After all, this is how a majority of science is done today, and I would say that it works pretty well considering all of the advancements made in the last 100 years. :)

True, but you also mentioned industry sponsored... Do you know what the costs would be to re-formulate 80% of the cosmetic products on the market? Also, who is going to sponsor/pay for the peer review process, other than another cosmetics firm, who also wants very cheap inexpensive preservatives. Also, any *possible* (I'm not even admitting that there are any) problems seem to *possibly* be from very long-term exposure.

Crisco/hydrogenated oils have been around for HOW long, and are just now beginning to show definite links to all kinds of problems?

Target Daily Facial moisturizing lotion (Sensitive Skin). Works great for this time of year and doesn't make my face shine. It's got an SPF 15.

Go to an Aveda store and ask for a sample of their aftershave. Mild scent, doesn't linger, and unlike other ASBs, it moisturizes without leaving a film on your face.

If you want moisturizing without scent.... just get a moisturizer. They're dirt cheap compared to "aftershave balms" even though they're mostly the same ingredients.

You might try the new Lubriderm mens AS / moisturizer lotion. They make it with a mild scent or unscented. It is in Greyish bottle and about $7 bucks

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I've heard a lot of good things about Kanwa (made by Feather). I'm waiting for mine to arrive, but the impression I get on here seems very positive.

I got some in a PIF- absorbs quick, feels good, leaves no messy residue.

Proraso splash and Balm are quite good. I have just started using The Body Shop Maca Root Razor Relief and have found it to be excellent.

I also want to confirm that The Body Shop Razor Relief is a beautiful unscented aftershave balm. It doesn't make the skin feel oily but hydrated and soft. Amongst the other common ingredients it has Aloe vera, Witch Hazel, Brazil nut oil, Maca Root oil, Glycerin, Menthol Sesame oil, vitamin A and E.

proxy.php

Another nice natural product is the Garnier Skin Naturals series. They are not specifically aftershave products but work well after using AS splash when skin feels dry. They are nor scented and are absorbed easily and quickly without oily feeling. At the same time they provide superb hydration.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom