What's new

Allen Edmonds shoes for $25

I was browsing the local thrift store yesterday, when this pair of brown shoes caught my eye. They looked to be of somewhat better quality than the tattered Wal-Mart specimens adorning the shelves nearby. My suspicions as to their quality were confirmed upon closer inspection. Allen Edmonds, already loved by someone, but with plenty of life left in them.

I forked over the $25 with joy and took my purchase home.

Here are some photos:

Last edited by a moderator:
all those need is a good cleaning, followed by a good conditioning (including the sole and inseams)....a couple of coats of polish with some sole edge dressing and you have a great pair of shoes !!!!

congrats....

Congrats on a great find! I've found a few pairs of Allen Edmonds at thrift stores in the past couple years. Unfortunately, they're never in my size, and are always pretty beaten and battered.

I have had a pair for years now. Every so often take them in to be resoled and reheeled, and I am good to go. A weekly polishing and an occasional edge dressing is all that they require. New they are expensive, but they last for years and years with just the basic care.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
This thread should appear right next to the "Mission Impossible" thread ...

I love Allen Edmonds. Check out that re-crafting link. Looks like you could essentially have some brand new shoes for another $99.

Very nice! I myself got a pair of AE Lexington (discontinued) in burgundy off the 'bay for 25.00. They were in immaculate shape! Nice score.

Top Bottom