What's new

Seriously now, help me pick a razor.......newb here, but not a newb to wetshaving

Way to revive an old thread. :thumbup:

I love reading old threads and seeing what was popular years ago. Kind of feels weird to read about ordering from Bob (BRW).

I would recommend the Fatip. Its OC, cheaply priced, well made (brass IIRC) and probably the level of aggressiveness you are looking for.

Btw, the older Muhle R41 (2011) is more aggressive than the new (2013).

Good luck! let us know what you decide!

EDIT: Oh, is this an old thread?!! hahaha. I didnt even look at the date before commenting. What razor did he get?

Way to revive an old thread. :thumbup:

I love reading old threads and seeing what was popular years ago. Kind of feels weird to read about ordering from Bob (BRW).

I rarely look at the OP dates and get fished on a fair amount of necro posts. Thanks for saving me here!

i have a merkur 38c (ej 89 type) and a merkur 39c slant , when the blade gets dull in the 38c i move it over to the slant for a closer shave , so i recomand the slant ,

I agree. You can search eBay without investing a lot of time.

Short-comb NEW or a NEW IMPROVED of some ilk would be my recommendation. The NEW Improved are more aggressive (which is a good thing if you ask me), then the short-comb NEW, and finally the long-comb NEW. The long-comb NEW is too mild for me.

You might want to check out the Bob's Razor Works site. Bob makes custom, heavy-duty handles for replated NEWs, and they are as beautiful as they are functional.

Top Bottom