What's new

Gin Drinkers?

any gin drinkers here?

my "everyday" is Bombay Sapphire.

I like Hendricks straight up.

A friend shared some Citadel (I Think that was the name-- it was French) that was quite nice, but French GIn seemed weird...

There are lots of gin drinkers and martini enthusiasts here, myself included.

My favorite martini gin is Boodles, followed by Plymouth.

For Gin and Tonics, Tanqueray does the job quite nicely.

I usually only drink gin in my vespers or with tonic.

I have a bottle of Bombay in the freezer next to a bottle of Stoli. :smile:

Every night once the sun has gone past the yardarm (5pm), I always have a Plymouth G&T. Life just wouldnt be the same without it.

Chin chin

I got the last bottle of Plymouth (at discount!) at my local liquor mega-mart and found it every bit as good as the Beefeater that was my previous favorite.

I got the last bottle of Plymouth (at discount!) at my local liquor mega-mart and found it every bit as good as the Beefeater that was my previous favorite.

I'm really glad you like the Plymouth, but I would never put Beefeater in the same category. IMO, Plymouth is miles and miles and miles ahead.

Plymouth gin was one of my favourites, and here I could get it in 3 strenghts (42%, 45% and over 50% from memory, however I usually go for the 45% one)
I did find one I like a little better and it is called Kingsbury (Victorian vat) It is 47% and it is described as " Double Juniper, a full flavoured very dry gin with extra juniper and hints of pine, camphor and lavender".

I drink my gin with tonic and sometimes a dash of bitters, wonderful!:smile:

I'm really glad you like the Plymouth, but I would never put Beefeater in the same category. IMO, Plymouth is miles and miles and miles ahead.

+1

I was hoarding my father's liquor cabinet awhile back when I was dog-sitting for him and grabbed some Beefeater to make a gin & tonic. I don't know what that stuff is, but it sure ain't gin! I settled for a Leinie's and a vodka martini.(I know, sue me!)

Top Bottom