What's new

Aussie Repatriation PIF for Vietnam Veterans Worldwide

Guys,

I'm in Ho Chi Minh City on holidays at the moment. While doing the touristy things I found this.

Now I'm too young to remember the war and I dont want this PIF to turn into a political discussion.

My father-in-law was one of the Australians that got conscripted into the war. I know the effects that fighting in the war has had on him in a number of ways and "luckily" for him, none of them are physical . He was lucky enough a couple of years ago to come back to Vietnam and I know that put a few of his "demons" to rest.

I've also seen now the effect of the war on the Vietnamese :sad:

Now I wouldn't normally buy a slim if I found one back in Oz, but I bought this one because of the "history" behind it and it want to get this little trooper home.

This PIF is open to any Vietnam Veteran wherever they are in the world. Just post your participation in the PIF, however just to make it a bit more fun, you must guess the razors dogtag number ( year of manufacture :smile: )

Whoever gets the right one get's the chance to repatriate this razor, if there's multiple correct entries or no one has the correct answer then random.org will be used to decide the winner.

In addition it will be send with it's Vietnamese DE cousin....the Gillette Superclick.

I'll be back in Australia on the 21st of September so don't expect a winner to be announced until then :001_tongu

*The judges ( me ) decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. The picture below is as I found it. I can either send it as is.....( hair and all :blink: ) or clean it up before shipping. Winners call.

( Oh and it's not a Vietnamese knockoff....well at least the Slim isn't :lol: )

proxy.php

Last edited:
Sooo, what is it that a Vietnam Vet must do to get this? In simple terms...Maybe you can get a participant if you simplify the qualifications or include other vets. Just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom