What's new

did you buy 2 of the same razor cuz you like it alot

do you have the same model razor 2 of them cuz you like it so much that you bought one spare? or thinking to buy the same razor..

Legion

Staff member
Yeah. I bought back ups. And then Back ups for the back ups...

I think I had five Fatboys at one time, and I never even liked them that much! AD's make no sense.

I have.

Most of my Muhle razors are more or like spares; I usually buy the chrome as well as the black and white versions.
I also have the tendency to give them away when someone notices them in the den, is interested and wants to try - so an extra one comes in handy.

Some Gilettes I would love to have double, but for vintages that's a lot harder to achieve.

I don't see why not... If you have the cash and really find something you like it wouldn't hurt to have another. Every time I find something I like (new stock) I try to buy another because as soon as it breaks and I try to find another something has changed on the newer version ::(:

I do have multiples of a few razors but only because they were part of a lot and i was more interested in the other razors that were in the lot, but after trying them out im more inclined to keep them even though i have say 2 maybe 3 or 4 of the same type AD nah i just appreciate razors...

Yep! I have two No Date Code Super Speeds and they are all that I use.

Soaps, creams, and brushes are an entirely different matter, of course. LOL

Cheers!
-Greg

I own FOUR Futurs! One each of the chrome/gold/satin versions - still in their boxes,mint condition - and one (satin),that I use every day.Beautiful,efficient razor!

I own just a couple of extras for my current users that are vintage ... no copies for my EJ or Merkur razors.

(But don't tempt me ... okay?) :001_rolle

Definitely. I've two 1934 USA Gillette open-comb Aristocrats. If and when one of them breaks, I'll move to the other one and look to buy another one. It's my favorite razor and I don't even want to imagine not having one to shave with.

Clearly ray777 mistakenly asked, "Did you buy...," when he must have meant, "How many times have you bought..." That's the only way I can make any sense of the question. :tongue_sm

Nothing wrong with having more than one of something as long as it doesn't interfere with the finances.

do you have the same model razor 2 of them cuz you like it so much that you bought one spare? or thinking to buy the same razor..

Yup I have backups of my favorite razors.. Infact, I am trying to hunt down a Schick Type G with a navy blue handle and nickel head.

I have three 5/8 Friodur straight razors bought individually, I want to sell them and I think they're worth more as a set.

If you're interested, PM me.

My only duplicates so far are Techs, as they tend to come with kits of useful stuff.
I would buy dupes of some other razors if I found them for less than market value.
I have at least one good DE that will last a liftime, so I don't need to buy backups at full price.

Top Bottom