What's new

did you buy 2 of the same razor cuz you like it alot

Didn't buy the same razor, but I started with safety bar DE's and liked them so much I got the open comb model of each.

I only use 2 DE's both Merkur's, the HD and the 1904. The 1904 is my go to, so much that the HD's only get used a couple times a year.

No I didn't buy two. I think I bought 7 or 8 Lord LP1822's; I used two in a trade, gave one away to my dad as a back-up for his Merkur 33G, stashed one for when my son is coming to his shaving age, am using one for close to 3 years and have the rest as a back-up for myself.....

When I come across the vintage Gladweg razor I already have for a reasonable price I would double that one too btw.

I do, but generally one nicer one for display/collection and one for use.

That.

If I have two it's because one is too nice to use.

If I have three or more, it's because I love the shave a razor gives me and having a spare or two is necessary. What if I take a favorite razor on vacation and lose it? What if I explain how awesome a shave a particular razor gives and someone says, "prove it" I gotta lend it out on the spot...

The most duplicates I have are 40's style super speeds. Great shavers and excellent value. I a;ways pick them up whenever I see one for $10 or so delivered. Can't go wrong with a super speed.

I do wish I had a spare Futur.....

I've got two replated short comb new's from bobs razor works. Mainly because it's my favorite razor and they aren't exactly current production.

I might have a few doubles or even some triples as backups, but if I really like a razor then there could be quads or more.
The more redundancy built into an emergency backup system, the greater chance of success.
Wouldn’t it be embarrassing to survive a train derailment, an earthquake, followed by a forest fire, then a hurricane and then a meteorite and not have a proper shave. :blushing:

Have three techs. An old 'D' slot one, an English straight slot and an aluminium handled one. All good, but I prefere the 'D' slot, a little more aggressive.

ive got at least 7 super speeds flair tips and 40's model,and too many others to list here.why not its fun to collect/use them and they dont take up as much room as my chess set's

Yes!
I have 3 Gillette ball-end tech razors: a nickel plated one, a brass plated(gold?), and a british made aluminum one ( very light razor ). Just a great workhorse of a razor that is cheap to buy, and easy to use.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
I got two because I rotate between two shave dens and I can leave both dens stocked. I don't rotate, I like the same razor every day. I have the Edwin Jagger DE89, one is an octagonal faux horn the other is the Barley Chrome.

Top Bottom