What's new

Merkur custom razors

why dont Merkur do custom orders ? im sure there enough of us to credit it .
All our faces are unique and our razor should reflect this
i think this would be a smart move on Merkurs part as in addition to this they can run there reguler productors i appreciate they could be a waiting time to recieve your custom order
and im sure a lot of us would buy more than one
as to pricing im posative to own a premium razor of your indevidual spec most of us would pay the premium price £100.00?
maybe Merkur could team up with Shavemac to produce matching brushes

step 1 chose your head style (reguler,slant )TTO and sylo doors options
step 2 open comb or safety bar
step 3 choose handle style (long(fat,thin) short(fat ,thin))
step 4 choose handle design (standed,barberpole)
step 5 choose heft and balence std weight +or - in 2 gram increments
step 6 choose plating matrial choose hue of metal and finish (this could be in a number of options gold,silver, bronze,and hue rose gold green gold white gold etc) finish could be matt ,shiny,brushed etc

thoughts
Jono

I'm willing to bet a few might be willing to pay that much, but I'd bet most of us wouldn't. Additionally, I bet it would be a loosing proposition for them as they'd probably sell less razors.

You mean you can't find something in their extensive lineup...?

Actually, I wish Merkur made a lightweight DE- maybe a plastic handle job with a lightweight head. Something like the Gillette Tech. I also don't find that much wrong with a nickle finish. Chrome is Ok but looks a little TOO shiny, if that were possible.

TTO's are OK but more for people afraid of cutting their fingers with razor blades. They've seen too many slasher movies I guess. I've jabbed myself with a razor blade a few times and never gotten anything but little fast healing cuts that don't hardly bleed. They are, I admit, good for changing blades quickly, but not essential.

Top Bottom