What's new

What do you carry in your flask?

I previously carried some type of whiskey. Last winter I started Loading up with 50/50 Port & Brandy which was excellent. Most people can't take straight whiskey but the 50/50 was great for sharing. Pretty warming too.

Legion

Staff member
On the rare occasion I sport my flask it is usually filled with scotch. Whatever type I have an open bottle of. I usually take my scotch straight, but if a party or somewhere I don't want to be seen swigging from a flask I can add it to coke.

In my old job we were sometimes required to attend the worlds most boring seminars. One power point presentation after another, all day. For those events it was vodka, and in the breaks I would help the other staff by "improving" their orange juice, just to get us all through it.

In my old job we were sometimes required to attend the worlds most boring seminars. One power point presentation after another, all day. For those events it was vodka, and in the breaks I would help the other staff by "improving" their orange juice, just to get us all through it.

I like your style!

My flask hasn't been filled since I was a teenager but it was usually filled with bourbon. With all this recent talk of flasks, it might be time mine made a comeback.

Usually a dark rum these days. I was always a single malt man for most of my life but it gives me heartburn these days! Rum doesn't.

Another favourite in the flask is Sloe Gin which I make myself. Got a few bottles worth on right now, along with some blackberry whisky which I'm trying for the first time.

Gareth

I own so many flasks.

I don't fill them often. A favorite used to be Yukon Jack. It's a syrupy lemon flavored whiskey that mixes well.

Lately I've taken to filling my flask with whatever whiskey or bourbon I have open.

I can't afford a DUI or OVI, or whatever you call getting caught driving drunk. I certainly cannot drink on the job. The thought never actually crossed my mind about taking a nip at the office. It sounds like the unemployment line waiting to happen.

I will take a flask to a dinner or party. I find most people don't have the taste for the finer spirits I enjoy. Such as my in-laws. They don't drink and rather than lug around a cooler full of beer I bring 8oz or so of whiskey to have with my visit.

I have found some of my older pewter flasks have gone bad. They are cork lined and if I use them I get bits of junk floating in my drink. My newest flask has a side by side cigar holder. It's big, but holds a fair amount of liquid. If I were a cigar smoker I would use it more often.

Currently (and pretty much almost always) 12 yr old Jameson. :thumbsup:

Don't carry it often, but camping or at a ball game, it's usually with me.

I stopped using my flask years ago and gave it to my son (don't think he uses it). My late father-in-law used to carry a flask on airline flights, in case they ran out. I really do miss him and having an all night cocktail with him!

dont use it often at all but a peaty single malt scotch particuarly a islay blend like jura stands up well to being drank outdoors while walking. i dont drink at work as i know to many chefs that went down that route and never came back.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I have either Hine Cognac or George Dickel's Tennessee No. 12 'Sippin' Whisky in my flask that I received from my brother in-law (He said he got it from "Things Remembered" and has my initials engraved on the front 'CBJ'), many years ago as a birthday present. :lol1:

http://www.thingsremembered.com/product/Recipient/Him/Flasks/Stainless-Steel-Flask/pc/138/c/2571/sc/2644/156694.uts

Also, I like to carry mine to bars to keep my drink tab low and to parties, outings ect... when I'm not too sure what the host has to drink. :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"All Cognac’s are Brandy...but not all Brandy’s are Cognac". Christopher

Anyone tried "Bull Shot" in a flask? Or ever?

Empty a tin of beef consommé soup into a large pan. Pour in a large slug of vodka.and add a dash of Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce, a squeeze of lemon juice, a pinch of celery salt, and finish it off by seasoning it with salt and pepper.

A Bull Shot is a great brunch type drink; I've had them both hot (not bad) and cold (better). Problem is that every place seems to make them differently, so you're never sure of what you are going to get. Many times I couldn't get one at all, outside of making them myself at home.

Bourbon. Wild Turkey 101 at the moment, but Benchmark, Corner Creek, Jim Beam Black, and Baker's make the rounds as well.

Top Bottom