What's new

Help with old Single Ring.

Ok I got this old single Ring type most of the Silver Plating lost, it was hard reading the serial number but this is what my son said it was since his vision is better then mine.

O282159. I checked the dating but I didn't see anything with the letter o with those numbers to match. any suggestions ?

Last edited:
Pics would help. According to Krumholz, "I" and "O" were skipped, I'm sure because they could be mistaken for numbers.

Ok i was able to get a Decent Marco Pic of it, Seems to look like a C What do you guys think ?

This is not the case it came it, i just used to case as Elevation to take the picture of the Razor :001_smile

Attachments

• $Single Ring Old Type  C282159 .jpg
    $Single Ring Old Type C282159 .jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 112
  • $Single Ring Old Type  C282159  (2).jpg
    $Single Ring Old Type C282159 (2).jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 111
  • $Single Ring Old Type  C282159  (3).jpg
    $Single Ring Old Type C282159 (3).jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 112
  • $Single Ring Old Type  C282159  (4).jpg
    $Single Ring Old Type C282159 (4).jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 112
Ok i was able to get a Decent Marco Pic of it, Seems to look like a C What do you guys think ?

Hmm... The focus is a bit off in the shot of the serial number. You might try giving it a bit of a polish and then rubbing a black crayon into the number to make it stand out better.

With just what you've got there, I'm seeing a G with the back missing, for some reason. But I wouldn't really presume to make a guess from just that picture.

i have put this in Soapy Oxy Clean, then Scrubbing Bubbles, Then 4 Baths of hot water and Baking Soda, its as clean as its going to get lol. But ill see what i can do.

It's tarnish you're dealing with there, not dirt. If you'd lined the container with aluminum foil when you soaked it with baking soda you'd have reversed the tarnishing process and would have a shiny razor now. Also, you need to change the foil between soaks if you do more than one, because the sulfur bonds with the aluminum.

Digital cameras focus by finding a focal point. The reason why the fingerprint is so focused is because of the color difference between the finger and razor. The best digital images with auto-focus comes when you have a good contrast between the two items. It also helps if you have camera settings on "macro" if you're doing closeups..

Digital cameras focus by finding a focal point. The reason why the fingerprint is so focused is because of the color difference between the finger and razor. The best digital images with auto-focus comes when you have a good contrast between the two items. It also helps if you have camera settings on "macro" if you're doing closeups..

Thanks:thumbsup:..Get that sucka on MACRO Vargas:lol::lol::lol:

It's tarnish you're dealing with there, not dirt. If you'd lined the container with aluminum foil when you soaked it with baking soda you'd have reversed the tarnishing process and would have a shiny razor now. Also, you need to change the foil between soaks if you do more than one, because the sulfur bonds with the aluminum.

Thanks for the advise, but not sure about having to change the aluminum paper after each soak? I have done other razors without changing the aluminum paper, just rinsing it out after each process and have gotten excellent results, but ill give it a try and see if i get better results :eek:)

Well I soaked it in hot Soapy water becauae it had lots of goo in the handle, the black goo that came up floating out of that handle surprised me. Also had green crust on it, so that is why I soaked it in soapy hot water, and then I went for the baking soda process :eek:)

Gq

Thanks for the advise, but not sure about having to change the aluminum paper after each soak? I have done other razors without changing the aluminum paper, just rinsing it out after each process and have gotten excellent results, but ill give it a try and see if i get better results :eek:)

You don't have to change it after every soak, but it will become less effective as you use it. The process breaks the the sulfur away from the silver (tarnish is silver sulfide) and frees it up to bond with the aluminum, which it likes better. After a while the aluminum foil can develop a coating of aluminum sulfide which slows its ability to tie up the sulfur.

Well I soaked it in hot Soapy water becauae it had lots of goo in the handle, the black goo that came up floating out of that handle surprised me. Also had green crust on it, so that is why I soaked it in soapy hot water, and then I went for the baking soda process :eek:)

Oh yeah, you definitely want to get any crud off before you start with the baking soda and aluminum foil. What I was saying, though, was if you were just soaking it in a baking soda solution without the foil you weren't really doing much for it.

Top Bottom