What's new

SWMBO doesn't like how I smell

I'd also suggest trying the ones she disliked on a different week and not tell her what it was. I think a lot of women just say they like something or not depending on the mood they are in...I've had the full range of hatred to love for the exact same scent on different days.

Boy, you're not kidding. Last night I was practicing my lather, and when I was finished I toned up with some Clubman. When she came home she remarked on it, which was NOT what she did before!

I think as most have suggested, I'm going to go with what *I* like and just make sure she doesn't hate it.

I'd love to go scent shopping with her, but most of these products are Internet only. Unless I do some AV and Brut sniffing with her at Wally World. :001_smile

Thanks for all the great suggestions. Lots to look forward to.

If she likes Old Spice, she might also like a bay rum. You might try Master's Bay Rum at Sally's or Superior 70. The Superior 70 doesn't linger very long.

Edit: Woops, I see she doesn't like Ogallala. I'd try the Supeior 70 as you're out practically nothing if she doesn't like. Also, you might want to look into some lime aftershaves. Stephan's Island lime is pretty dry (not sweet).

Last edited:
Since you care, why not just ask her? Of course you probably need to establish some basic ground rules such as:

I don't want to smell like flowers, or Eurotrash, or a desperate adolescent - what ever line you simply will not cross.

... I don't want to smell like flowers, or Eurotrash, or a desperate adolescent - what ever line you simply will not cross.

interesting samples .. i get the flowers smell (tabac, A-I, etc), i kinda get desperate adolescent (aquatic or axe-like), but what does eurotrash smell like?

when i first read the OP, i was thinking how great it would be to have an age and lifestyle to base suggestions on because, to my mind, the old spice reference is very close to the clubman reference, in that i consider both as more "mature" gents.

it's very hard for me to read between the lines for the OP; especially considering the language, like wifey-poo, used, but then some of the comments provided, to provide a suggestion.

plus an A/S might be shortlived as far as scent longevity goes, so I might buy some thayers or regular WH and spend the money on some EdT.

Asking what the wife liked was futile. She was always noncommittal when asked.

I just started wearing different stuff without telling her, and if she didn't like something I heard about it, and very rarely, if she liked something I heard about it.

My guesses as to what she'd like were all wrong. I was amazed when her favorite scent turned out to be Clubman Special Reserve. Since I like it too, it's all good, but I never in a million years would have picked that as a scent she'd like.

Top Bottom