What's new

Davidoff Zino!!

I recently bought this blindly, too, because of the excellent reviews at basenotes.net. But I haven't worn it since trying it the first time. All I seem to get is a "dirty" smell, part civet, part rotten food. I can't imagine going out smelling like that.

Doesn't anyone else get that from Zino? I was prepared to love it, but there's no way I'll even wear it.

Is this a skin chemistry thing?

Zino is a fantastic scent IMO. They don't make 'em like this anymore, that's for sure! I don't think I get "rotten food" or "dirty from" it. Aside from the notes, the vibe I get is a spicy, woody, slightly boozy aura.

I recently bought this blindly, too, because of the excellent reviews at basenotes.net. But I haven't worn it since trying it the first time. All I seem to get is a "dirty" smell, part civet, part rotten food. I can't imagine going out smelling like that.

Doesn't anyone else get that from Zino? I was prepared to love it, but there's no way I'll even wear it.

Is this a skin chemistry thing?

I wouldn't call it dirty or civet-like, but I do get a tart, sour-like smell with Zino that I like. It may be the rosewood, as I've been told that can have an iodine-like smell. Otherwise, I suppose it could either be a skin chemistry thing, or some sort of memory association thing. But that's just me speculating.

I have been a fan for over a year. Love it! I get no off-smell at all. You might check our recent thread comparing Zino to T&H Spanish Leather. And congratulations on getting it; I read that it was recently discontinued.

Top Bottom