What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Iberia 14

$DSCF4401.jpg

Some of you fragrance guys might be shocked but I absolutely LOVE the scent of this dirt cheap EDT: Cuba Gold Paris. Fragrantica says it's "an ultimately masculine scent, inspired by the Cuban cigar. It is a luxurious blend of bergamot, lavender, vetiver, woods and jasmine". It's my wife's favorite scent that I wear and it goes perfectly, PERFECTLY, with Claude Pilon's Cognac and Cuban cigar shave soap that he graciously sent to me. The shave was truly spectacular as I touched up my Thomas Turner Encore on my prize Kiita Japanese natural stone. Most blades manufactured in Sheffield, England, used Sheffield steel (a-DUH!). But a select few cutlers imported steel from Sweden; This is one of those cases and the steel is absolutely fantastic. This razor is as hard as the C.V. Heljestrands you see floating around and any other razor made from the stuff in Eskilstuna.
"Thomas Turner & Co made a large range of goods including table knives, saws, files and edge tools. Like some of the other larger cutlery firms, it also produced and forged its own crucible steel using imported Swedish bar iron"
Thomas Turner operated one of the largest cutlery firms in England at the time as was actually appointed as a "cutler to HIS majesty" and in this case most likely King Edward VII or King George the V. The only other cutler to present this marking on their cutlery was Joseph Rodgers & Sons. Either way, this thing is flawless.

proxy.php

Böker King Cutter 5/8. Great shave and since I used four Tabac products I guess that my privacy will be respected at work today[emoji12] .
$IMG_20160930_073847.jpg

Some of you fragrance guys might be shocked but I absolutely LOVE the scent of this dirt cheap EDT: Cuba Gold Paris. Fragrantica says it's "an ultimately masculine scent, inspired by the Cuban cigar. It is a luxurious blend of bergamot, lavender, vetiver, woods and jasmine". It's my wife's favorite scent that I wear and it goes perfectly, PERFECTLY, with Claude Pilon's Cognac and Cuban cigar shave soap that he graciously sent to me. The shave was truly spectacular as I touched up my Thomas Turner Encore on my prize Kiita Japanese natural stone. Most blades manufactured in Sheffield, England, used Sheffield steel (a-DUH!). But a select few cutlers imported steel from Sweden; This is one of those cases and the steel is absolutely fantastic. This razor is as hard as the C.V. Heljestrands you see floating around and any other razor made from the stuff in Eskilstuna.
"Thomas Turner & Co made a large range of goods including table knives, saws, files and edge tools. Like some of the other larger cutlery firms, it also produced and forged its own crucible steel using imported Swedish bar iron"
Thomas Turner operated one of the largest cutlery firms in England at the time as was actually appointed as a "cutler to HIS majesty" and in this case most likely King Edward VII or King George the V. The only other cutler to present this marking on their cutlery was Joseph Rodgers & Sons. Either way, this thing is flawless.

proxy.php
Hello Jeremy,
I do also like Cuba Gold. It very much reminds me of Gaultier Le Male. I do also like the looks of the razor, Swedish steel or not, and the background story. Thank you for sharing.
Arne

Razor: C-Mon HF
Strop: TM Fast Bridal
Soap: L’Occitane Cade
Brush: Semogue 1438
Aftershave: The Veg
Balm: Neutrogena
Talc: Clubman
$IMG_5342.jpg

Then Brian comes in Shows this^^^^^ drops the mic and walks out:lol:

Beautiful!

Thank you Dave. I blame Alfredo, he made the scales look so darn good, I just keep reaching for that razor, lol. This burl reminds me of cream poured into coffee, fitting for a morning shave. I really enjoy this one because its original scales were ebonite and that burning tire / cat pee stench really broke the zen of the morning shave.

15/16 W&B
Reground 3/4 hollow, I'm guessing. I've had wedges, they're really neat, just not my favorite grind. This old regrind is right in my wheelhouse. Thin yet still has some mass to it for mowing down beard growth. There seems to be something about Sheffield Steel, at least this one, that has an inherent softness to it. It was pretty easy to hone and appears to glide smoothly along my face. If it was not for the sky rocketing price of some of the more popular W&B's I would most certainly collect more.
proxy.php

Top Bottom