What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

When I was a boy too long ago, long before black became fashionable, my parents had a hard time to make their seven year old son wear anything but black. In my mind black was elegant and I haven't changed that much during the last +40 years. So I guess that I wouldn't have been able to resist this razor even if it hadn't been an old stock Puma. Puma 69 5/8 thumb notch. Another razor that I should use more often, but I can only shave once a day.

View attachment 604791
That is one fine looking razor!

Another day with the Red Imp fresh off the coti (more practice for me)

$IMG_3456.jpg

I just shaved. I wasn't sure that I was going to. I spent nearly eight hours yesterday with an axe and a huge pile of birch wood. Late yesterday afternoon the birch was chopped up into suitable size for firewood and stowed into a large pile in the garage. It's an annual ritual. It is worth the effort since it's very nice sitting in front of a lighted fireplace drinking a glass of wine in January while it's pitch dark and minus 20 degrees centigrade outside. What I'm trying to get to is that my fine motorics today isn't in the best shape today.

I took a look at the to me totally new Dorko 1151 I had picked out as a special treat for the Sunday shave. I looked at my aching and slightly shivering hands and decided to give it a go anyhow, how was I to resist? Let there be blood! My right thumb felt really numb, but the shave was excellent anyhow, no blood just a really good shave. I am very fortunate to have a luxury item like this.

Have a very nice Sunday gentlemen.

$2015-09-30 19.11.24.jpg

I just shaved. I wasn't sure that I was going to. I spent nearly eight hours yesterday with an axe and a huge pile of birch wood. Late yesterday afternoon the birch was chopped up into suitable size for firewood and stowed into a large pile in the garage. It's an annual ritual. It is worth the effort since it's very nice sitting in front of a lighted fireplace drinking a glass of wine in January while it's pitch dark and minus 20 degrees centigrade outside. What I'm trying to get to is that my fine motorics today isn't in the best shape today.

I took a look at the to me totally new Dorko 1151 I had picked out as a special treat for the Sunday shave. I looked at my aching and slightly shivering hands and decided to give it a go anyhow, how was I to resist? Let there be blood! My right thumb felt really numb, but the shave was excellent anyhow, no blood just a really good shave. I am very fortunate to have a luxury item like this.

Have a very nice Sunday gentlemen.

View attachment 604999
Nice!!

Top Bottom