What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Gents...a quiet moment please for my Shorty's original scales...while drying the blade after the shave this morning i heard a small pop in the towel. She's now coated in silicone spray and in the rescale pile, to be attended to in likely a couple years.... :(

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448845419.988735.jpg

No, it is an awful soap. It can't create a decent lather, there is no protection and the blade is continuous caught on the skin as there is no glide whatsoever (how's that for a big lie :biggrin1:)

But to be honest; The soap is actually just as great as everyone say, it is very nice.
You can still get it though, only it is in stick form, but the shave stick is the same as this wood bowl version. I have checked as thorough as I possible can, and the ingredients lists are the same, the scents are the same, the hard/softness of the soaps are the same and the performance is the same in any way possible to measure.
I think the reason they stopped producing the wooden bowl version was because demand increased in a way that they couldn't meet. As I recall the wooden bowl was originally only available in Spain, La Toja wouldn't ship outside Spain from their web page.
But to me the stick is exactly the same soap as the one in the wooden bowl.
Thank you, you really thing the stick is the same as the bowl? I always thought the bowl was different.

I’ve done a journey. I still do like large razors, but I more and more prefer the smaller nimbler ones. A good edge IMHO removes any stubble, no matter how course, without needing the weight of a large razor, but just the lightest of touch. It has taken me quite some time to come to this conclusion and during the journey nimble light weight razors like the Böker Arbolito have gone from being disappointments to becoming very highly regarded. Of course this is only my opinion and I still do enjoy most of my heavy weight razors.

Today’s razor was my new replacement Heljestrand MK no 30. A small but great razor and a great shave.

$CVH MK no30.jpg

A working class Swede immigrant following the, decidedly more upscale, Swede who stayed at home.

CV Heljestrand (rebranded as Hoffritz), no. 7. (I really need to find the time to shoot some new photos of her.)

Attachments

• $Hoffritz - sm.jpg
    $Hoffritz - sm.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 78
I really must post more praise of Törnblom, Hellberg, Söderen, Jernbolaget and the others. To quote what a long time ago was the war cry of the Swedish army: Forward men, let's show them how the Swedish steel bites! But in a very gentle way of course, causing nothing more than a nice BBS.

[emoji115]…and so now ends my quest. I wanted to believe it was different and that would explain my slight obsession of acquiring it. Though you have to admit, that bowl is pretty cool. I will now resort to grating a couple of shave sticks into a bowl, and in the mean time save me a considerable amount of $$$.

[emoji115]…and so now ends my quest. I wanted to believe it was different and that would explain my slight obsession of acquiring it. Though you have to admit, that bowl is pretty cool. I will now resort to grating a couple of shave sticks into a bowl, and in the mean time save me a considerable amount of $$$.
Are we talking about the regular La Toja stick?

Yes, I am 100% convinced they are the same.
Thank you
Agree

I do still want the bowl as well

Top Bottom