What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Friday Shave.
JLindy Gold Dollar Mod

proxy.php

Have a good Friday and great start to the Weekend Gents

J.A. (Johan Alfred) Hellberg half hollow 9/16. I am very thankful for that so many haven't opened their eyes for the fact that Heljestrand only was one of many Swedish razor manufacturers, many of whom had an even better reputation domestically. Hellberg was one of Heljestrands fierce competitors. Hellberg started producing razors in 1891.

My educated guess is that this razor is made sometime between 1892 and 1900. I base my guess on that it is marked "Sweden" (1892-), has ebonite scales (-1907) and the larger Hellberg etching (1891 to about 1900) that later was replaced by a simplified version with only the eagle (not hen) holding a razor.

The unique features of this razor is that it was as near NOS as it could be when I got my paws on it about 120 years after it was made. Seeing a Hellberg with its etching as intact as it is on this one is rare. It doesn't stop me from shaving with it. Most often the etching on Swedish razors this old is only to be seen as a faint shadow at best.

It is just as good a shaver as any Heljestrand.

$Hellberg.jpg

Wacker Chevalier in Quilted Maple, Tabac, No name boar, Burberry London to kickoff the weekend!

Attachments

• $IMG_2165.jpg
    $IMG_2165.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 46
Brian,

That Wacker looks very familiar :thumbup: but am liking your scales alot better than mine even though Wacker put on a nice set of horn for me.
Lol, thanks William, guess I had the the ones that slipped by the QA dept. Glad to hear your order direct from them came out well on the Jungmiester.

Lol, thanks William, guess I had the the ones that slipped by the QA dept. Glad to hear your order direct from them came out well on the Jungmiester.

Brian,

Yes I expressed a very intent concern on QC and the young lady I dealt with ensured me it would be looked over very carefully before leaving there.

Today was my maiden shave with her and she treated me very, very well.

Razor: Wacker Jungmeister
Strop: TM Fast Bridal
Soap: Cella
Brush: WW Custom Badger
Aftershave: Cella
Balm: Cella
Talc: Clubman
$IMG_5516.jpg

Top Bottom