What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Saturday's shave
Jerry Stark 6/8 Barbwire Damascus

proxy.php

Stop it with the gorgeous damascus you guys...your killing me here....my pocket book cant handle a RAD hit like that right now....lol.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Recently someone, a regular poster I do not recall unfortunately suggested to an aspiring straight razor user that they peruse this thread for acquisition ideas. I think that is an excellent thought because after 9 plus years of straight razor shaving I believe that our little gang in here have assembled some of the finest blades on the planet.
As to your choice or selection daily once you acquire a gaggle of these tools I can only suggest that you let nature take its course. Eventually a purge of steel happens for most.

What disturbs me is that I still keep looking for razors when I have razors like this one.

Arne i think we all have that problem....lol. The last time i opened the razor box when i was home i couldnt decide which razor matched the day because i have to many to choose from but yet i find myself on the search for a particular razor that i saw a picture of that i must have....hahaha[/QUOTE]

Cant wait to see what The Doc can come up wth to make this one sick razor.... lol.:thumbup:
Thx, me too, I decided to ignore Santa's advise because my Koraat 8/8 full hollow blade only order arrived today! Package outbound to Doc Monday, with the Strix, Koraat and wood and ivory.

Razor: Wacker Chevalier
Strop: Kanayama
Soap: Mama Bear Turkish Mocha
Brush: Simpson Chubby 1 Best
Aftershave: Clubman SR
Balm: Neutrogena
Talc: Clubman
$IMG_5762.jpg

Well gentlemen I usually just lurk in here drooling over your works of art, but today I thought maybe I'll just bring this thread down a peg or twenty. I give you my six dollar razor expertly honed by a member here. I have had it for some time and it shaves wonderfully. One day I hope to get my hands on one of the vorpals from Seraphim he does amazing work.

$IMG_0795.jpg

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Well gentlemen I usually just lurk in here drooling over your works of art, but today I thought maybe I'll just bring this thread down a peg or twenty. I give you my six dollar razor expertly honed by a member here. I have had it for some time and it shaves wonderfully. One day I hope to get my hands on one of the vorpals from Seraphim he does amazing work.

As you have found out Eric...it is the well honed edge that matters...GOOD to meet you.

View attachment 708348
Cool, im glad to hear you did the GD the right way and she's shaving well for you, its all about sharing the experience.

Top Bottom