What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Call me a coward if you like, but I always close the eye when the razor is too close to it. I've got no problem shaving with one eye closed.

I got kind of careful when it comes to my eyesight after an accident with a cartridge case thrown by a heavy machine gun many years ago. I lost some of my eyesight on my right eye and I want to keep what's left if it.

Feon 1980

$DSC02683.jpg

Call me a coward if you like, but I always close the eye when the razor is too close to it. I've got no problem shaving with one eye closed.

I got kind of careful when it comes to my eyesight after an accident with a cartridge case thrown by a heavy machine gun many years ago. I lost some of my eyesight on my right eye and I want to keep what's left if it.
Trouble is razors are that sharp I don't think keeping the eye shut provides much protection. Moral is never sneeze whilst shaving it's very very bad.

Lol I made the mistake of sneezing suddenly last week during a shave, almost lost an eye.

Jeez, now that would be hard to explain to the ER Doctor...I can just hear him now "you sliced your eye with a straight razor, could you not have chosen a safer method of trimming your eye brows?? Oh you sneezed while shaving your face...sure,sure.". Hahahaha....

I'm actually borderline paranoid about getting anything near or in my eyes so I understand completely, Arne.

I was just looking back at all the beautiful razors recently posted, and this was one of them that jumped out at me. The patina on the blade is beautiful, and took a long time to get just right. I would lobby to maintain its graceful aging. Thanks for posting it.
You gents are raising the bar so high, I can walk under it without the risk of bumping me head :biggrin1:

I need to find something to polish this little Japanese lady, so she can be displayed according to her position.

proxy.php

Heljestrand No.16 in ivory and with a thumb notch. I am so glad to be the owner, and first user, of this razor. As far as I no it might very well be one of a kind. I hope that my son one day, many years from now, will enjoy it as much as his old man does.

View attachment 661280

Nothing is more beautiful than a very rare Swedish Blade such as this, that my Friend is one stunning specimen of Swedish Beauty:thumbup: I am sure he will very much love this razor every bit as much as you do my Friend:001_smile

OK, I've come to the conclusion that this one is the best new Dovo I've ever shaved with. It is a really good razor. I'll have give it some more time before I can say how it compares to the competition (Böker Arbolito and Aust 5/8).

$2016-05-20 16.15.51.jpg

Been awhile since I posted, but here I am again!

On this lovely late spring/early summer day here in the north I chose the mk32. It must have been almost two months ago I used it last. That time I chose it because I felt I needed something trusty and reliable, a friend even. Today I chose it out of the cheer joy and hopes of the coming summer days, I needed something to share those feelings with it with.

Maybe it's silly attributing such feelings on one razor that honestly isn't that much better than my others in terms of shaving results, but to me at least it fills some sort of purpose, to use it as a talisman of sorts in my shaving ritual.

Attachments

• $mk32_full.jpg
    $mk32_full.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 47
Top Bottom