What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Genco Easy Aces today

proxy.php

Have a blessed Sunday Gents

Thank you, the items lend themselves to a good photograph via iPhone. The Endymion is quite a nice scent, perhaps more of a Winter one but I use simply one spritz and it is evident throughout the day. I prefer the Penhaligons fragrances as well as Floris. I believe they are well worth the simple indulgence. The Penhaligons Endymion shaving cream is very delightful as well. Over the years I have reigned in my shave den expenditures but what I do own are mostly the classics. I will say however that several months ago I purchased a very simple drug store flacon of BRUT and it sees some use as well. Underappreciated IMO.

Sounds like a nice one. I have such a long list of fragrances I want to try though. I really wish there was a way to smell them without buying a bottle. I doubt a prestigious maker like Penhaligons would want to send out scratch-n-sniff cards though. Too bad - I'd be all over that.

I have a Johan Engstrom frameback with a thin tang and it can be a challenge in shaving and stropping. Thin tangs makes it hard to hold. It'll really wake you up in the morning!

Yeah, the thin tang makes sense to me know. I appreciate everyone who chimed in to explain. Now I can enjoy the dangerous allure (vicariously) of these razors when you guys post them. I'm just glad the guy who mentioned losing a flap of cheek skin didn't go ahead and include that in his shave photo ::shiver::

Time for a bit of Swedish shaving history. There were a lot of Swedish razor manufacturers, but on the local Swedish market the 20:th century was dominated by E.A. Berg, C.V. Heljestrand and J.A. Hellberg and in about that order. There were other manufacturers that were equally good, or perhaps even better, but together these three had a large share of the market. The competition was fierce and successful razor models were very often copied by the competitors.

My shave today was E.A. Bergs version of the MK No.31. It is a good razor, but it never sold as much as the 31. They are both good razors though.

Thanks for the history lesson. I get even more enjoyment out of the photos when there's context like this. I'm learning a lot here.

I used my Bluebeard Revenge Shavette, Omega boar brush, Tabac shaving soap and to finish of Aqua Velva Musk cologne after shave. It was a great shave, i didn't wont to use 1 my traditional straight cause i have a cold sore, when it Will be gone i'll go back on my traditional straight

Top Bottom