What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

I'm a little on the fence with this one, probably needs the bevel reset.
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406238546.014429.jpg

Last edited:
proxy.php

Shaved Victorian style in the living room this evening, with a mirror, scuttle and razor cloth.
Apart from getting shaving soap on the phone, it was a great success.
Only differenrce from Victorian times was the television.
Back in those days the TV would have been made of ivory, and there would only have been two channels...

First ever shave with a straight after years of DE and lots of research! Dovo Carre with Lavender Art lof Shaving soap and pre shave oil. Looking forward to trying new soaps and years of perfecting the art of the straight!

Today I shaved with an origami scaled razor that is rumored to have belonged to the ancient Shogun Hideki Terriyaki.

Here's a shot of the razor outside of his castle. It is said that the foundations of that castle were all laid with Nakayamas, not one of which was less than a level 4

attachment.php

Terriyaki was pretty damn serious about getting a nice shave in the morning.....he also liked his swords sharp as well..

In actuality, that is Takashima Castle by the shores of lake Suwa. Immortalized in these famous woodblock prints:

attachment.php

Too hazy today to catch sight of Mt Fuji from here...

here's another:

attachment.php

As a curious aside, in the foreground, I believe that is the same, dumpy hotel I'm staying in this trip!

Honed this up yesterday, must have gotten something right, best straight shave to date. The Sterling Glacial Spearmint and AV Ice Sport left me shivering. Nice! The DE was in case I needed touch ups. Not necessary today.
$102_1178.jpg

Top Bottom