What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

When I think about it I wouldn´t dare to shave with it of fear of dropping it. I guess it´s only me that ever has dropped a razor on tile floor, but the sight of one of my favourite razors (and one of the most expensive ones) with its blade broken is a sight that it will take a long time for me to forget.:crying:[/QUOTE]

I don't think I even want to know which one it was, but experiences like these shared by you and others have me shaving over a couple of layers of heavy carpet just in case that day ever comes.
I feel sad that you lost a favorite.

When I think about it I wouldn´t dare to shave with it of fear of dropping it. I guess it´s only me that ever has dropped a razor on tile floor, but the sight of one of my favourite razors (and one of the most expensive ones) with its blade broken is a sight that it will take a long time for me to forget.:crying:

I don't think I even want to know which one it was, but experiences like these shared by you and others have me shaving over a couple of layers of heavy carpet just in case that day ever comes.
I feel sad that you lost a favorite.[/QUOTE]
Thank you for your very kind answer. It happened a couple of years ago when I still only was a weekend straight razor user. I mostly used my Feather DX but that day I had taken my joy and pride, my one and only Heljestrand MK32, out of the cabinet. I put it on the side if the wet faucet while re lathering and somehow it slipped over the side hitting the for floor with the edge first. About an inch of the blade broke off. I stared at it a while before I could take it in. Those razors, in good condition, are very rare and expensive even in Sweden. Since then I always make sure that any razor lays securely on a shelf before losing my grip of it. I also eventually managed to replace it, but it took some time.

I've got a marvellous US made rug in my den, but it doesn't cover the sides of the bathroom cabinet.

Nice ....bevel !!!!!!!

You lucky devil, that is awesome. You two have exquisite taste in razors. No razor, imo, no matter how precious, should be stored away never to be used in fear of damaging it. Use it, enjoy it, and revel in the fact that this piece of history is yours. Or in Your case Antoine, which is perfectly acceptable, use it once every two months as you cycle through all your other beauties. [emoji1]

Last edited:
J.R. Torrey today

$IMG_2658.jpg

You lucky devil, that is awesome. You two have exquisite taste in razors. No razor, imo, no matter how precious, should be stored away never to be used in fear of damaging it. Use it, enjoy it, and revel in the fact that this piece of history is yours. Or in Your case Antoine, which is perfectly acceptable, use it once every two months as you cycle through all your other beauties. [emoji1]

Will do !😊

Top Bottom