What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

6/8 Johan Engstrom Frame Back
$SOTD9-28-14.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411966006.615046.jpg

Wade and butcher 9/8... Big heavy blade, sharp edge makes for an easy bbs... Add some alt innsbruck and makes for another perfect shave

"Easy peasy what a sleazy" - rip tripper

Back to my Beau Brummel 18. Mostly a really smooth, comfortable shave. (Having an extra day's growth helped) no sting on the AS, which is a first for me, but I still need more practice with the square point. Still can't seem to get a shave out of it without at least a small nick.

proxy.php

Freshly touched-up Henkotsu - stunningly sharp
I Coloniali soap - stunningly rich (and the scent is stunningly weird)
QCS key lime aftershave balm - stunningly soothing

Result: stunningly nice; a very smooth DFS to DFS+ shave that was quite fun. Mmmmm...shaving...

^Stunning Kami!

Thanks. I believe it's actually a pretty basic model, but to me, the edge and the shave are more important than how it looks. I enjoy seeing other people's gorgeous razors (including your Craftsman - how on Earth did you get one that pristine?). If I had an NOS straight, I'd probably hesitate to use it, for fear I'd somehow mar it.

Thanks. I believe it's actually a pretty basic model, but to me, the edge and the shave are more important than how it looks. I enjoy seeing other people's gorgeous razors (including your Craftsman - how on Earth did you get one that pristine?). If I had an NOS straight, I'd probably hesitate to use it, for fear I'd somehow mar it.

I am kind of the same way. It took some hesitation before using it.

Top Bottom