What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Today's weapons of choice:

Golden Kikuboshi

proxy.php

Thank you Dave. I blame Alfredo, he made the scales look so darn good, I just keep reaching for that razor, lol. This burl reminds me of cream poured into coffee, fitting for a morning shave. I really enjoy this one because its original scales were ebonite and that burning tire / cat pee stench really broke the zen of the morning shave.

Wow, it's amazing how that bit of description really makes the scales even more beautiful than they already were. I love the comparison to cream swirled in coffee. So very evocative. Thank you for making me wish this was mine :)

Also, I'm happy I actually understand (not first-hand) what you mean by the cat pee description this time around, thanks to Polarbeard's kind explanation in a prior post. Crazy the things you learn around here.

Klas Törnblom Eskilstuna Sweden (18mm) Concave or Rattler Grind
View attachment 692270
Dan you really have a talent for finding unusual razors. I've been trying to find a good Törnblom or Hellberg of this model and size, 18mmm, for quite some time, so far I've failed.
ERN with new scales.

Thank you Dave. I blame Alfredo, he made the scales look so darn good, I just keep reaching for that razor, lol. This burl reminds me of cream poured into coffee, fitting for a morning shave. I really enjoy this one because its original scales were ebonite and that burning tire / cat pee stench really broke the zen of the morning shave.
How different we are, I find your new scales to be really beautiful, but I guess ebonite to me is a part of the history and authenticy of a razor. The cat pea smell eventually gets to be a mark of quality to me.
15/16 W&B
Reground 3/4 hollow, I'm guessing. I've had wedges, they're really neat, just not my favorite grind. This old regrind is right in my wheelhouse. Thin yet still has some mass to it for mowing down beard growth. There seems to be something about Sheffield Steel, at least this one, that has an inherent softness to it. It was pretty easy to hone and appears to glide smoothly along my face. If it was not for the sky rocketing price of some of the more popular W&B's I would most certainly collect more.
proxy.php
Nice razor and very much a Royce razor

Generally I prefer small nimble razors but I do also from time to time like to feel the heft of a really large and heavy razor on my face. Variation is the spice of life, and I'm fortunate enough to possess such spice (I'm talking about razors). So this morning I shaved with this 15/16 Thiers Issard. The small speck up to the left in the picture is a CVH MK No.30.
$IMG_20160930_181512.jpg

Razor: C.V. Heljestrand MK 31
Strop: TM Notovan
Soap: MWF
Brush: Sekine Boar
Aftershave: Captains Choice Bay Rum
Balm: Neutrogena
Talc: Clubman
$IMG_5343.jpg

Top Bottom