What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Thank you kindly for all your comments gents.
[MENTION=63248]sarimento1[/MENTION] I currently have 2 brookes and crookes razors, one in ivory and one in horn, for each of my first two. I now need a third to pass on. SO if anyone here has a brookes and crookes they want to get rid of via trade/etc please let me know!

Thank you for all your concern for me and all the caring emails and PMs. I am sorry that I haven't answered all of them. I have been in such a mental state that a M.D. strongly advised me not to drive a car. I haven't been on medication, I have had grief and I still have.

I ask you to forgive me for not having answered all your kind messages. I have read them, they have warmed my heart but I haven't always had the strength to answer. I have followed the journals (of course) and this thread. Since I guess all of you follow this thread I'll post this thank you note here.

I'll start posting again, but perhaps not everyday initially. My soon to be eight year son has lost his fantastic mother and I have lost a woman that, for the last seventeen years, has been part of my being, my life adviser and the love of my life. She was truly one of the most beautiful women I ever have seen, but once you got to know her her beauty became irrelevant, put in the shadow of her mild and caring personality and intellectual brilliance. She had a warm smile for everyone. I am so grateful that God let me find out the meaning of true love. I know that she'll be watching over her two boys until the day we all are reunited.

I wont post a picture, Christina wouldn't have liked it.

Edit: If you start to feel symptoms like tiredness, ache or something else not normal that worries you, don't suppress it due to everyday life stress or plain denial. Go see a good doctor and demand to get a full medical check up. Cancer can often be successfully treated if it is discovered in time.

Last edited:
I've been shaving nearly exclusively with this NOS Heljestrand No.24 5/8. In my world it shouldn't exist, but you live and learn.

It began with Royce sending me an email asking if an auctioned Heljestrand was fake or not. I looked it up as I did the sellers other auctions. I answered Royce that it definitely was a fake. The seller also lived in a place in Sweden I couldn't find any references on. However I continued to watch this seller and he started auctioning NOS Heljestrand razors that definitely were genuine. The prices are very low hence I got myself my first truly NOS No.7.

Once contact was established I saw his last name, a name any Heljestrand collector would recognize. I asked him about it and he verified that his grandfather was the last owner of Heljestrand. Then I bought the NOS thumb notch No.16 in ivory from him and finally this NOS No.24 5/8. They are indeed genuine.

The reason that I initially came to the conclusion that the razors were fake was that I didn't recognize any of the auctioned razors he had for sale at the time. Some like No.24 5/8 and 3/8 had, in my mind, never existed. The No.24 always was 4/8, period. I was wrong. During the last years of production Heljestrand started the production of new razor series in hope of increasing their sales. The razors often were given names like "Viking" or other non number names. The easiest to find today though is the M.K. No.133, a very large razor.

The No.24 4/8 was domestically the best selling razor Heljestrand had for very many decades. I don't know but likely the No.3/4/7/8 razors sold more put together. The No.24 is a quarter hollow razor that's a fantastic shaver, but it's by no means a beginner's razor. I'd say that to me the 5/8 version is even better. It "talks" as much as a full hollow razor but has the stiffness of a near wedge. I wish that Heljestrand had gotten the idea earlier so that the numbers of this razor had been larger.

I've asked the seller if I could give him some email addresses to gentlemen that might be interested in NOS razors like NOS MK. No.32 (late version). He wrote me that he indeed has such razors, buy the have some small stains. He hasn't answered my question about contacts so I guess that's a no.

$2016-05-05 06.59.52.jpg$2016-05-05 07.00.09.jpg

Thank you for all your concern for me and all the caring emails and PMs. I am sorry that I haven't answered all of them. I have been in such a mental state that a M.D. strongly advised me not to drive a car. I haven't been on medication, I have had grief and I still have.

I ask you to forgive me for not having answered all your kind messages. I have read them, they have warmed my heart but I haven't always had the strength to answer. I have followed the journals (of course) and this thread. Since I guess all of you follow this thread I'll post this thank you note here.

I'll start posting again, but perhaps not everyday initially. My soon to be eight year son has lost his fantastic mother and I have lost a woman that, for the last seventeen years, has been part of my being, my life adviser and the love of my life. She was truly one of the most beautiful women I ever have seen, but once you got to know her her beauty became irrelevant, put in the shadow of her mild and caring personality and intellectual brilliance. She had a warm smile for everyone. I am so grateful that God let me find out the meaning of true love. I know that she'll be watching over her two boys until the day we all are reunited.

Edit: If you start to feel symptoms like tiredness, ache or something else not normal that worries you, don't suppress it due to everyday life stress or plain denial. Go see a good doctor and demand to get a full medical check up. Cancer can often be successfully treated if it is discovered in time.

Arne, as we have spoken, Sharon and I continue our prayers for you and Erik, and good to see you here

I've been shaving nearly exclusively with this NOS Heljestrand No.24 5/8. In my world it shouldn't exist, but you live and learn.

It began with Royce sending me an email asking if an auctioned Heljestrand was fake or not. I looked it up as I did the sellers other auctions. I answered Royce that it definitely was a fake. The seller also lived in a place in Sweden I couldn't find any references on. However I continued to watch this seller and he started auctioning NOS Heljestrand razors that definitely were genuine. The prices are very low hence I got myself my first truly NOS No.7.

Once contact was established I saw his last name, a name any Heljestrand collector would recognize. I asked him about it and he verified that his grandfather was the last owner of Heljestrand. Then I bought the NOS thumb notch No.16 in ivory from him and finally this NOS No.24 5/8. They are indeed genuine.

The reason that I initially came to the conclusion that the razors were fake was that I didn't recognize any of the auctioned razors he had for sale at the time. Some like No.24 5/8 and 3/8 had, in my mind, never existed. The No.24 always was 4/8, period. I was wrong. During the last years of production Heljestrand started the production of new razor series in hope of increasing their sales. The razors often were given names like "Viking" or other non number names. The easiest to find today though is the M.K. No.133, a very large razor.

The No.24 4/8 was domestically the best selling razor Heljestrand had for very many decades. I don't know but likely the No.3/4/7/8 razors sold more put together. The No.24 is a quarter hollow razor that's a fantastic shaver, but it's by no means a beginner's razor. I'd say that to me the 5/8 version is even better. It "talks" as much as a full hollow razor but has the stiffness of a near wedge. I wish that Heljestrand had gotten the idea earlier so that the numbers of this razor had been larger.

I've asked the seller if I could give him some email addresses to gentlemen that might be interested in NOS razors like NOS MK. No.32 (late version). He wrote me that he indeed has such razors, buy the have some small stains. He hasn't answered my question about contacts so I guess that's a no.

View attachment 656373View attachment 656372

Lovely

It is very nice to see you back Arne for whatever amount it may be.

I ask you to forgive me for not having answered all your kind messages.

Don't worry about it Arne... :/

A thing of beauty... Thank you for the snippet of history. I never get tired of these kinds of lessons :)

Top Bottom