What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

One of Craig's Hammer Forged. Love the thumb notch and feel of the spine. Great shaver.

Attachments

• $Vorpal-1.jpg
    $Vorpal-1.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 158
I don't think so, I think that came with Le Grelots, and carried over to the TIs. but I'm not smart enough to say 100% either way.
View attachment 437323

here's the best I can do right now on my tang.

This looks original to me. I think the TI issued one do not have the legacy numbering.
Model 71 is an old model that they also sold under the Odinia brand. It came in 5/8 and 6/8 and is the most hollow ground that LeGrelot did (except for an old faux frameback).

You picked up a nice one here.

This looks original to me. I think the TI issued one do not have the legacy numbering.
Model 71 is an old model that they also sold under the Odinia brand. It came in 5/8 and 6/8 and LHis the most hollow ground that LeGrelot did (except for an old faux frameback).

Agreed, vintage P Hospital, Thiers France. Nice piece.

Model 71 is an old model that they also sold under the Odinia brand. It came in 5/8 and 6/8 and is the most hollow ground that LeGrelot did (except for an old faux frameback).

Thanks. The P. Hospitaler and Thiers, France fade out to illegibility towards the pin and I assumed it said TI.

It does shave well, and the grind is a first for me. It's a complex hollow I guess. The grind narrows off the spine, then about 1/4 inch of the edge it is thicker, and appears uniformly unground comparatively. It's deliberate and uniform across both sides, but it's like they quit thinning the blade profile. It does make a nice loud noise cleaning whiskers.

jeremy... this one is really Special. The Super Badger is superb. Great backbone and sooooo velvety soft yet firm. Can you tell I like the MK31?

*cry* I purchased a T2 from WCS when the first wave of Simpfix two-band brushes were released back in the 2009 or 2010. That brush had the best hair I had ever felt. Unfortunately, the thing was a big time shedder - 10-20 hairs a shave. WCS shaving backed up the product, but it wasn't replaceable.

Glad the MK31 is getting the workout it deserves! I love the MK's, but my hand are too big to comfortably hold the delicate (read:small) shank/thumb-notch.

Top Bottom