What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

$CAM00628.jpg

Willy wednesday

I´m sorry that Honed/Jens doesn´t post anymore. I´ve read very many interesting and insightful posts by him. One of the things he wrote was try to journey beyond Heljestrand and discover the many other equally good Swedish straight razor manufacturers that didn´t go into the export market. Here´s one of them that doesn´t get the attention it deserves. Johan Engström 6/8 (The company was active 1874-1915). It was one of my first straights and I still appriciate it very much:
$2015-03-29 20.11.44.jpg

Kanayama #3 Strop
Castle Forbes Unscented Pre-Shave Oil
Plisson HMW Badger Brush
XPEC Original Shave Cream
Fine Fresh Vetiver AS

Joseph Elliot's, Damascus Razor

$SOTD-JEDAMXPEC0150402.jpg

Yesterday I recieved two gifts from a member of this forum and a true old school gentleman. He had sent me a Barrister&Mann soap and a Helan ASB.

I want to express my deeply felt thanks for this very generous gift, I know that the giver is a daily follower of this thread. I had never heard of Helan, but I must say that it is extremely soothing and has a very long lasting and extremely sophiticated scent.

I´ve read that the B&M soap is an excellent product. I´ve only used it today, but I´ve found it to be everything that it is described to be. It´s too early to say, but it seems to have MWF slickness, which is the highest praise I can give to a shaving soap.

To give a worthy initiation to this soap and ASB I shaved with one of my most treasured razors; a very well preserved ERN from the last quarter of the 19th century. I think of the razor as “Great Granny”. I wish that there was some way to know something about the men that once have shaved with her and what was on their minds while doing so. They are long since gone but the razor stays. It´s no impossibility that my great great grandfather once bought this ERN back in the days when it first was imported as a luxury item from Imperial Germany.
Thank you for reading.
Polarbeard

$2015-04-02 19.27.30.jpg

Top Bottom