What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

$filly.jpg
Filarmonica Doble Temple 12, one of my very favorites!

Mike H

Instagram Famous
mdunn - nice razor. Did you do the scales?

Today I reached deep in the box and found the 7/8 Jos. Elliot wedge.

$IMG_2910.jpg

I used one of my Dovo Specials in 6/8 size. It was a little dull, so I stropped it for a while and it came out wickedly-sharp, and gave me a damned fine shave...

$Dovo Special.JPG

tonight my new *(to me) filarmonica 8/8ths........ i am PISSED about this one... paid a nice price on ebay and waited 3 weeks for it and when it gets here there is a small crack *(pictured)...... i honed it without removing the crack cause i don't want to breadknife it...... *(i would loose about 1/16th~3/32nd" of blade and that just pisses me off...)

i got a good shave off it even with the little crack.... i am gonna keep it but i will not breadknife it... i will just use it carefully to not make the crack run... maybe in a year or so i will have honed the little crack out .....
proxy.php

proxy.php

repaired my fili 14 monserant tonight...... it had a crack in the blade... :sad:

proxy.php

so i broke out the 4" bench grinder and carefully worked out the crack by giving it just a bit more of a smile...

proxy.php

*(i know it looks a tad "frowny" at the front but that is just the light...)......

set bevel with the 1k... then to the coti...... and finished on the jnat using the tomo naguri slurry stone then finishing on water......

holy cow this thing is SHARP!!! lathered up with TABAC and 2 passes and a touchup later i am BBS.....

i am in LOVE with this razor!!! *(vendor gave me a partial refund because of the crack)

Bismarck 6/8 $Bismarck.jpg Gave myself my first ever BBS shave with a straight razor using this razor. It was honed by GSSixgun and was definitely shave ready.

Top Bottom