What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

My homemade 8/8ths.... Love this thing... True wedge.. Silent whisker whacker....

proxy.php

proxy.php

nope... the house was "remodeled"... sitting on the throne and trying to reach that holder and successfully doing it would earn you a lifelong top billing position with cirque du soleil......

:001_tongu

nope... the house was "remodeled"... sitting on the throne and trying to reach that holder and successfully doing it would earn you a lifelong top billing position with cirque du soleil......
nice

| 8/8 Palmera 14 round point |

proxy.php

as much as i like this blade, i like square points more than round points...

Last edited:
Mayflower Works. Boston, Mass. I'm getting better at my honing thanks to all the fellas here and their support. This is something that I've been holding onto for a while. Full wedge. Took a fantastic edge to it and shaved great today. Silent little killer. Very fun project. $2012-06-05 13.06.52.jpg

A gruesome twosome. Honed them both up today, so had to try them both. Right side of the face got the gumwood scaled one, the left side got the paduak.

Attachments

• $SOTD 060612.jpg
    $SOTD 060612.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 221
no pics, sorry, but a few relatively new things this morning that added up to bliss:

Dublduck Satinedge that had been sitting in my conveyor belt for many moons, feeling unloved because it needed some honing, so last night it saw the coti (dilucot), C12K (100 laps with water), then my relatively new surgical black Arkie (150 laps with mineral oil) (thanks Brian/Paco664!)

My maiden voyage with Arko, or any shave stick for that matter (what a product!). I took the wrapper to work today to show a buddy who grew up and went to college many years ago in Istanbul...big smile...he said it brought back lots of good memories of when he was a kid. I guess it's the same pic on the wrapper as way back when. Nice to make that connection.

A brush that my uncle made as a prototype (olivewood handle, badger knot) a couple weeks ago...been using it every day and works wonderfully.

happy shaving!
Jeff

Today, a razor that I did scales for came home to me to live permanently. Did this one for Hillbilly a while back, and I swore some day it would be mine. Today that dream became reality:

proxy.php

A 7/8 Corsan Denton Burdekin & Co Wedge, scaled in Mora with a double maple floating dovetail wedge.

It's an absolute hoss. It had to be honed too, which took me around 2 hours - couple of tiny chips that had to be ground out. It's AMAZINGLY sharp now, and I got a shave equal to my PacoSori™ and my Brian Brown (both of which are pretty much equal in shave prowess).

I've never had a chopper that I though shaved worth a crap until now. Happy happy...

Oh, and the rest of the goods: Semogue 1438 with Valobra Almond... Smooooooooth.

Top Bottom