What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Revisor 6/8 Thanks "Wid"!
attachment.php

Dang Wid, what do you got for me?

Reducing the heard to only the ones I use the most Evan.

Tonight was an old Sheffield wedge that I did for a member. She had an uneven grind, it had been honed very uneven to boot. Had to use two layers of tape to get it to take a bevel, a very uneven one at that. But although not the prettiest it shaved as good as the best of them, took a heck of an edge.

Attachments

• $DSCN0639.jpg
    $DSCN0639.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 245
  • $DSCN0642.jpg
    $DSCN0642.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 245
Tonight it was Loud Mouth GD #2. Soon to be part of a Loud Mouth GD 7 day set. Again with the RR 888 Soap & Aftershave lotion.
$Loud Mouth GD #2.jpg

Vintage Solingen
proxy.php

proxy.php

another one I bought from ebay last summer and just got around to cleaning up and honing over the weekend

Cretan hone started the initial bevel correcting...finished with coti rest of the way

Day before I shaved with a pitted Wade & Butcher I found in Feb. this one
proxy.php

proxy.php
ugly as it is, it has to be one of my top 3 shavers, so I knew following this razor, the AJ Wingen had a tough act to follow but that old Solingen edge (Anton Wingen) is a beauty in it's own right

Best,

Jake
Reddick Fla.

Thru-etched Gold Dollar 66....these things really take and hold an edge, don't they? Great shaver (how embarrassing)....

Peace y'all!

proxy.php

7/8ths japanese frameback.... i have sooooooo been wanting one of these forever.... thank you majorburnz for making my dream come true....

honed it up ... 1k bevel... coti... then LM with .5micron diamond slurry in oil..... aaawwweeeesome!!!!! forgot to mute the tip and it gave me the first of many kisses on my neck... but it stopped with a splash of cold water and i got a really really nice tingle from the bay rum...

she is a beauty!!!! 2 passes with a touchup... alllllmost a BBS..... almost...

proxy.php

Hart Steel, new custom brush with matching handle and TOBS Jermyn St soap

Thanks again to Brian (paco664) for putting an amazing edge on this thing!

proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom