What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Got a bunch of Gold Dollars and was playing - found one that was lopsided and funky so I rebuilt it. These things really take a great edge. Today was a GD day.

$GolddollarBarberNotch640[1].jpg

Inspired by Scott, enabled by Yohann. Thanks guys. Haven't done this in awhile, but here she is, tomorrow's blade.
proxy.php

Edit for the shave report: This thing is big....it felt like I was stropping a ping pong paddle! But got a great shave in two passes. I was going to go for a third pass to cleanup in a few spots and achieve the BBS, but my arm was getting tired from wielding this bad boy :w00t:

Last edited:
homemade 8/8ths wedge *(made by yours truly) hemp wrap handle with CA... honed on coticule then welsh finisher..... big daddy strop...

tabac soap with ecotools brush.... slightly warm water.... DFS....

proxy.php

Hey RicK, I recognize that blade - that's the one you're PIFing! Did you get a winner yet?

Mine was my Boker Red Injun 101 found "in the wild" several months ago for a song. I had "born-again" smooth-face this morning ;)

Larry, I'm picking the winner tomorrow at noon.

Inspired by Scott, enabled by Yohann. Thanks guys. Haven't done this in awhile, but here she is, tomorrow's blade.
proxy.php

Edit for the shave report: This thing is big....it felt like I was stropping a ping pong paddle! But got a great shave in two passes. I was going to go for a third pass to cleanup in a few spots and achieve the BBS, but my arm was getting tired from wielding this bad boy :w00t:
Ha ha Its great practice for your other new razor. Awesome Ping Pong Paddle Dan!!!:lol:

1/2 hollow CVH 13/16...or Klas Törnblom 13/16

I bought this blade from an "Eskilstuna guy" who has tons of blades ;)...he was not sure if it was made by CVH or Klas Törnblom. CVH bought many blades from the Klas Törnblom factory when KT did bankrupcy...Anyway this is one of my best shavers :001_wub::001_wub: if not the best one!!!

Attachments

• $CVH 002.jpg
    $CVH 002.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 173
What a cool feeling. Blade was feeling all sad and broken, hig789 made it all shiny and PIF'ed it. I happened to be the lucky recipient, honed-out the couple nicks in it, gave it a new set of clothes, and honed it up. I've been using it for the past several days and, like most of my razors, don't just enjoy the shave, but appreciate all that it's been through to get to that particular day's set of whiskers so it can keep doing it's job. Today's happened to be teamed up with MWF and an Omega Boar.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...PIF-razor-wood-rescale-journal-lotsa-pictures

Joseph Rodgers in Ziricote

proxy.php

I like it so much I'm gonna send it out this week to a couple guys who also wanted to try it (heck, why not?).

last night i used my other smaller 8/8ths kamisori... i reground it yesterday at work and then reheat treated it ... rewrapped the handle with hemp cord *(1 wrap) and then 1 coat of CA..... honed on coti... then welsh dark grey... then a couple passes on lapping film to finish it off.....

mixed up some TOBS and except for 2 tiny spots on each side of the adams apple i got me a nice BBS..... *(those are hard to come by at this house)...

now i need to tape the edge and polish it...

proxy.php

Mike H

Instagram Famous
7/8 Krystal, unmarked Pakistani? with truly horrible scales. An hour to hone for an almost adequate shave. Now I know.
Anyone else up for the challenge, happy to send this one out to experienced honers only, it will ship with liability waiver.

Top Bottom