What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

7/8 Bengall
proxy.php

~Royce

That is stunning!

Absolutely Stunning Show of Steel and Gentlemanly Conversation this week Gentlemen. I know I have been M.I.A. this week as I have been having a bout of back problems that have kept me horizontal all week. I am back on my feet again as of today so back to the Shaves and I started out with the 2015 Straight Razor of the Year the Feather Artist Club :thumbup: DX Model Non Folding:

proxy.php

Today's offerings:

A Crown & Sword 6/8 and a Gotta 5/8. Not a brilliant job today - I think that these blades need further work.$C&S Gotta 5_8.jpg

Rgds

Cambouis

Saturday, This was a special shave to me. I used my latest strop for the first time. Hopefully it will be the last one for the next years to come, and YES it is an extraordinary strop.

To compliment the strop I shaved with a razor I got the other year. It is a Söderén (1874-1920), they are alway rare and mostly very exclusive frameback razors. This one is a full hollow shoulderless razor, made before 1892 and was untouched when I got it. I believe that the original box it came in hadn't been opened since it left the factory until I opened it with my greasy paws. This razor really shouldn't exist.

The ugly blob on the blade is the etching that is meant to be wiped/worn away after a few shaves. It's only purpose is to assure the first owner that it is unused. On the photograph below you can see that the etching actually is a razor hold in two hand for inspection. I love the razor but I very rarely shave with it.

$2016-09-03 10.21.41-1.jpg$2016-09-03 10.26.31-1.jpg

Saturday, This was a special shave to me. I used my latest strop for the first time. Hopefully it will be the last one for the next years to come, and YES it is an extraordinary strop.

To compliment the strop I shaved with a razor I got the other year. It is a Söderén (1874-1920), they are alway rare and mostly very exclusive frameback razors. This one is a full hollow shoulderless razor, made before 1892 and was untouched when I got it. I believe that the original box it came in hadn't been opened since it left the factory until I opened it with my greasy paws. This razor really shouldn't exist.

The ugly blob on the blade is the etching that is meant to be wiped/worn away after a few shaves. It's only purpose is to assure the first owner that it is unused. On the photograph below you can see that the etching actually is a razor hold in two hand for inspection. I love the razor but I very rarely shave with it.

View attachment 685744View attachment 685743

Wow Arne thats awesome!!

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Absolutely Stunning Show of Steel and Gentlemanly Conversation this week Gentlemen. I know I have been M.I.A. this week as I have been having a bout of back problems that have kept me horizontal all week. I am back on my feet again as of today so back to the Shaves and I started out with the 2015 Straight Razor of the Year the Feather Artist Club :thumbup: DX Model Non Folding:

proxy.php

Welcome back.

YES> These are amazing strops. The little blade is very unique and a nice story behind the transfer to insure sanitation and non use previous. Similar to when Simpson had a wash a way decal meant for similar reasons. The company changed to a more permanent one after clients complained (or coated in nail polish)

7/8 Bengall
proxy.php

~Royce
The colors here remind me of the 1970's. Great era for design and MUSIC!

That's fantastic! How in the world did you find such a beautiful old razor unused? It's like it just sat around patiently waiting for you, for about 100+ years. Either that or you broke into someone's vault. Beautiful razor, beautiful strop, great story.

Top Bottom