What's new

Carpet Cutter Blades for Durham Duplex

I have a Durham Duplex (the T bar style not the comb straight thingy) on it's way to me as part of a bulk lot. I read that "carpet cutter blades" make perfectly adequate blade replacements for them (I'm not convinced, but I'll try anything). Problem is, searching comes up with all kinds of candidates. The most likely suspect is the following style:

proxy.php

Confirm/Deny?

Never used one. I've heard they are too rough. Some people get them and hone them to a usable state. The only modern blade I've used in a Durham is a Personna Pathology blade.

The Personnas were great. It's the only blade I've used in a Durham so I have nothing to compare it too though. I've also heard of folks using Dog Dresser blades, which are the only blades that DD still makes.

I never gave much thought to shaving with carpet cutter blades. With the abundance of "regular" DE razor blades why would you opt to go with carpet cutter blades? Interesting question all the same.

I have 10 Personna blades that were pifed too me last year. I've only used it once but if I remember correctly they are very sharp blades.

Well the blades arrived here in the uk this morning, i loaded one into my durham dorset razor and quickly found out how much better they are to the other blades people use in their durham razors, smooth and sharp. Now i know that ymmv specialy with blades but these work well for me and i would buy more if needed. :001_smile

just my 2p

Top Bottom