What's new

Looking for a good Hartford County (CT) roaster to buy beans...

As you probably guessed, I live in CT and I'm wondering if any of my native nutmegers lurking around here have a local bean roaster they can recommend. I'm just outside of Hartford so I would prefer Hartford County but I may be willing to venture a little further out if the situation warranted a trip. Currently, I have been using beans from Whole Foods but I am hoping I can expand my horizons a bit. Before I go hunting online I would like to try and find a local shop. Thanks in advance!

This is a local roaster, and their "about" page content pertaining to coffee shares some of my beliefs about coffee. While I haven't tasted it, and I can't seem to find a link to which coffees they have on hand (another good indicator for the initiated), If I were in town, this would be a place I would look into checking out.

JoJo's Coffee Roasting Co.
22 Pratt Street
Hartford, CT 06103

They roast their own.

Jasonian- thank you VERY much for the effort. I didn't expect someone would go through the trouble of internet searching for me. I came accross JoJo's in my searches as well. I have heard mixed things on them but i will probably check them out.

The only other roaster local to me is http://www.daybreakcoffee.com/ so perhaps I will give them both a shot and see which I like better.

Blue- unfortunately ME is a bit too far to be reasonable for me. Thanks anyway.

well I'm Ohio and I treat myself to Matt's on a semi regular occasion.. luckily I have a local roaster Stauf's that turn out a nice fresh product.

That may be so, the the OP specified Hartford County, CT in the title of the post, as well as in the body. I know Matt appreciates your hawking him in inappropriate threads, but it's still hawking in inappropriate threads.

but I may be willing to venture a little further out

I've deleted my post as to not offend the delicate folks on here.. btw, I don't know Matt and I have no $$$ interest his company one way or the other. I'm not hawking anything. I do notice that in other threads the same folks always point out certain small soap companies in every soap or cream post.

<geography 101>Maine is not Connecticut.</geography 101> really? but driving distances up compared to the rest of the US aren't much.

inappropriate threads, but it's still hawking in inappropriate threads. really?

Last edited:
so? hell I drive 4 hours just to take a ride with the dog. It's takes me 4 hours to get from Cincy to Cleveland. I bet it even takes longer these days up that way but you have a nice day I appreciate your concern.

Top Bottom