What's new

FREE WEEK, SOTD "themed week" August 29th - September 4th 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
This week is completely free. Just post any pic of your choice! :wink2: Thanks everyone for participating in the SOTD forum! :001_smile Have fun, have a great day and have a great shave! :straight:

proxy.php

Monday morning:

Simpson / English Fern / Merkur / Weleda / Periplo

proxy.php

Thanks Marco! I wish you and everyone else here a great week as well.

Dovo "Prima Klang" singing violetwood, 5/8, Extra Hollow Ground, Round Point
Imperial Shave Pegasus III Strop
Rooney 3/1 Silvertip
Kent Shaving Soap
Alum Block
Italian Floid Blue
D.R. Harris Arlington Cologne

proxy.php

Monday, 29.Aug.2011

"The mourning shave" - a shave to mourn those products that are no longer in production.

Predopobarba Proraso
Semogue 605 vintage
Musgo Real vintage Stick
British Aristocrat #66
Iridium Super
Thayers Witch Hazel Laveder
Musgo Real Colonia ASL

proxy.php

With the exception of Proraso and Thayers, today's shave features a bunch of sadly discontinued products.

Semogue 605 is one of my favourite boar brushes... I always liked the acrylic handles from Semogue, and I like this one a lot, albeit being quite unusual, it has a wonderful almost woodsy colour...
Musgo Real stick is a wonderful vintage soap, produces abundant and dense lather... I wish it was back in production. The British Aristocrat is perhaps my prettiest razor, very mild, and makes a wonderful combination with the excellent Iridium blades...
As for the aftershave, I love this fragrance, and albeit not being a discontinued product (there is an equivalent product in production), I really like the style of this bottle, with this wonderful cork sticker, whose colour perfectly matches the brush handle. :)

Rotbart Bakelit Vintage Razor
with Rotbart Extra Dünn
Hans Baier 21 Silvertip
Gibbs Vintage Shaving Stick
Uralt Lavendel Vintage EdT

Have a nice day!

proxy.php

Monday

Simpson Duke 3 pure
Valobra stick
Gillette Goodwill
Bolzano (21)
Home made lavender AS splash
BBSS!

Last edited:
Monday

Bukhave Bowl
Semogue 1460
T&H razor with 7 o'clock SharpEdge

Edwin Jagger Premium Shaving Cream, Sandalwood
T&H Sandalwod Aftershave Balm

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

Monday 29th in Athens, Greece

Falkenberg 117 8/8 and Filarmonica 13 Doble Temple
Tony Miller horsehide artisan 'Notovan' strops (40/60 and 35/50)
Frank Shaving Lindisfarne Finest
Nanny's Lavender and Sweet Orange soap
Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche after shave lotion
Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche after shave balm

proxy.php

Started off with the Falkenber, razor had been here ever since my sister brought it from Chicago. Turns out the razor is not shave ready from mid-way along the edge's length till the heel. Never mind, I take out the Filarmonica and continue, finishing off nicely with the Chanel after shave prep.

Sharon's soap gives abundant lather with ease, and the FS brush is and excellent performer. A very enjoyable shave.

Preparations and arrangements for my potential new assignment are well under way. I will only rest when this matter is finalized. A week's long holiday in the islands in the Aegean Sea is quite possible next week.

Razor: John Shepherd
Brush: Semogue 2010 LE #66
Lather: D.R. Harris Almond + AK 1869 + Glycerin
Strop: Kanayama
Toner: Tade Alum
Astringent: Thayers Witch Hazel (Lavender)
ASB: Sabon
EdT: Penhaligon's Sartorial
Result: This was a test shave of a blade for a friend. He purchased it some time ago from our own GSSixgun and declares it his favorite razor in his den. Sadly, it had lost its keenness over time and he was unable to bring it back. So I took it to the hones. I started on my 5k Chosera, but it wasn't getting sharp enough, so I went back to bevel set with the 1k Chosera. Once it was smoothly shaving arm hair, I proceeded through my 5k and 10k stones and then finished it with a light nagura progression on the Oozuku Suita. The result this morning was one fit for a king! The edge was smooth and it simply wiped away several days growth. I was left with a sticky smooth BBS leaving me ready to apply the Sartorial. This is a scent that has grown on me significantly. It is pure class but in a modern refined way. It's an excellent choice for a Monday!

proxy.php

Monday:

EJ89L
Lord Platinum
Thater Stout 2
Bigelow SC
Dickenson's Witch Hazel
Nivea Sensitive Balm
Master Lilac Vegetol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom