What's new

Aftershave Balms

Which ones are you trying? I have found that with some balms, Nancy Boy Cooling ASB for one has that particular trait.
If i may recommend Anthony Logistics ASB, I feel its terrific and leaves no stick y residue at all.:thumbup:

I have this problem with AS balms and moisturizers as well. It basically requires a trial/error approach to picking a product. Can be expensive, but fortunately there is the possibility to trade unwanted products.

I also find that stickiness is much less of an issue in winter, so perhaps keep your current balms around for that time while searching for a good summer one.

Proraso pre/post leaves my face massively sticky/greasy no matter how small an amount I use.

Most moisturizers leave my face a bit greasy... the only one i've tried so far that seems to absorb 100% (and very quickly at that!) is Nickel Bonne Gueule.

Nivea Sensitive AS doesn't leave my face or neck with that tacky feeling. Just one more reason I like the product...LOL, other reasons are: no alcohol & it's pretty danged cheap compared to most other A/S.

Have you tried QED's After Shave Conditioner? It a light moisturizer that doesn't leave any sticky feeling and its priced very reasonably.

I actually prefer that slightly tacky/sticky feel to my face. To me it means that it is well hydrated and infinitely preferable to dry skin.

Proraso pre/post leaves my face massively sticky/greasy no matter how small an amount I use.

Most moisturizers leave my face a bit greasy... the only one i've tried so far that seems to absorb 100% (and very quickly at that!) is Nickel Bonne Gueule.

Proraso Pre/Post is not meant to be left on the face. It needs to be washed off. It's not an after shave balm. Best - MM

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I've just about given up on balms as I don't like the oily/sticky feeling they leave on my face. I am an aftershave splash fanatic though. However, I will hold on the to the few balms I have left to use them this winter and see if my opinion changes.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I've been banging this drum for several months now and I don't believe anyone else has tried it to agree or disagree with me. However, I will say it again. John Michael Kohler after shave balm is absolutely fantastic. It does not leave that sticky feeling that Nivea does. This is the best ASB I have used and the price is very affordable at $16 for a whopping 9 ounce bottle, that's nearly 3 times more product than Nivea.

Edit: OK, I finally wrote a review for this stuff.

Top Bottom