What's new

DE blade usage.

Just started on the forums, and still learning and gaining knowledge. I saw a broken link on the forums, so I wanted to ask, how many shaves do you typically get out of a DE blade? One shave, two, five?

I'm sure there are a lot of factors here. If this has been discussed several times, I apologize for starting a new thread.

Thanks

It depends on the blade and your face! However I don't think I'd be wrong if I said the general consensus around here seems to be around the 3 mark, YMMV of course

When I started using Feathers a few years ago, I could get 2-3 shaves from them. Now, after my prep and razor handling skills have increased dramatically, I can easily get 7 three or four pass shaves from one Feather.

I think the prep and lathering skills present an easier beard to shave, and better razor skills means I can still use a blade that is less than at it's optimum and get a good shave.

No problem with starting a new thread!

+1 on what Eric said. (I seem to be agreeing with you alot here lately) It is all about which blade you're using, your prep, razor angle, beard type. Heck, even a batch of blades in one brand can suck from time to time. About once a year I run into a bad 5 pack of my Red IPs. I guess that's just quality for you.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. It's still a learning process, and every shave I learn something new. Still on my quest for my first baby bottom smooth shave (BBS?)

With the USA made Personnas (lab blue, Barber) and the Red Personna Platinum, I get 4-5 GOOD shaves, then toss them. DE blades are far too cheap to try to ruin my face!

I usually run 3-4 shaves per blade (Personna). Alot depends on the blade, your beard etc...When I first started shaving a 10pk of blades was around .25cents so I would use a new blade each shave.

Top Bottom