What's new

My new tattoo

I was making notes for a briefing I had to give yesterday morning and wasn't paying attention when I put the cap back on my Parker 51. I jabbed it into my hand deep enough that I still have a black mark under the skin after two showers and multiple hand washes. I know it won't last forever but it seems that it's here to stay, at least for a while.

Ah, the inadvertent prison tat. This could be the start of a new chapter of your life. Rock on!

-Andy

P.S. - Who else was expecting to see fountain pen themed ink work?

Last edited:
I trip on my way back to my seat from the pencil sharpener in the 2nd grade and jabbed my freshly sharpened pencil into the palm of hand, I can still see the black graphite dot in my palm over 30 years later!

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I trip on my way back to my seat from the pencil sharpener in the 2nd grade and jabbed my freshly sharpened pencil into the palm of hand, I can still see the black graphite dot in my palm over 30 years later!

I've still got a bluish dot on my right leg from a freshly sharpened pencil I put in a pocket 40 or so years back. Next to the scar from a straw I decided to set on fire . . . apparently melted plastic drips.

I've still got a bluish dot on my right leg from a freshly sharpened pencil I put in a pocket 40 or so years back. Next to the scar from a straw I decided to set on fire . . . apparently melted plastic drips.

We've all got our "battle wounds" don't we :lol: how about the time I was sharpening my bayonet you know the old military issue type with the sharpener in the scabbard, got a liitle carried away and stabbed my leg:scared:, live and learn.:001_smile

LOL, I've heard this is a right of passage for someone who owns a Pilot VP, as the clip is on the opposite side of the pen from the button, it's natural to press on the exposed nib with your thumb. I understand the Japanese version with the "special alloy" nib (not gold) does the job of leaving the VP tattoo the best!

As far as "battle scars" I'm a Mechanic, I've got so many from various sources it's actually a wonder I DON'T have any on my hands from my fountain pens... Yet...

My wife loves all my scars (I was a clumsy and not incredibly intelligent child, so I have many to love), especially the dumb ones. This is just another one in the collection.

I worked in kitchens for 35 years. I have burnt my fingers, and have had sitches in every finger. The scars are many as a reminder of mistakes.

I'm not really into tattoos but have found myself watching these and really enjoying them. Actually one of the new episodes was put up today. Well worth a watch if you have time, I especially enjoyed the Grime and Troy Denning episodes.

http://www.vice.com/tattoo-age

Oops, totally should have read the first post properly without skimming it.

Last edited:
if you faint of heart(such as my self) don't go to the dermatologist with such a thing (i had a small, and i mean small, piece of dirt under my skin) that the doc just was intent on getting out by lance. i passed out when he slice me up.

how about the time I was sharpening my bayonet you know the old military issue type with the sharpener in the scabbard, got a liitle carried away and stabbed my leg

You know, I was nodding and smiling, relating to just about everything in the thread, until I got to this...

:scared:

I thought your handle related to shaving, but now I know! :001_smile

P.S. - Who else was expecting to see fountain pen themed ink work?

I was. For those who were disappointed, here's some from across the net for your viewing pleasure.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I thought I was the only one who did that!

We've all got our "battle wounds" don't we :lol: how about the time I was sharpening my bayonet you know the old military issue type with the sharpener in the scabbard, got a liitle carried away and stabbed my leg:scared:, live and learn.:001_smile

This reminded me of the famous scene from Young Frankenstein, at about the 11 Minute Mark.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom