What's new

Ocmm pif - conus

And the winner is: tweetyfish11

Thanks to everyone who was interested. tweetyfish11, you have a pm for shipping info.

proxy.php

1. cbogg
2. cryhavoc
3. tchudson
4. Convert
5. oc_in_fw
6. tweetyfish11
7. Kilgore
8. Captain Coconut

Ok, first of all this thing is appreciably ugly. Major brassing everywhere. On the flip side it is mechanically sound and the blade stops are in great shape. I have given the razor a quick once over with scrubbing bubbles and a toothbrush, but it will need to be sanitized and cleaned to your standards before use. A little lube on the TTO knob and mechanism probably wouldn't hurt either.

I would like to PIF this to someone who has never used an OCMM (on your honor), wants to try one, and lives in the CONUS. I will include 5 Pella SE blades along with the razor to the winner.

I'll try and randomly pick a winner sometime after 9pm CST tomorrow so I can throw it in the mail Monday.

Just post in this thread if you're interested.

Here's the awful truth:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Nice intro into the SE world - I've never used one, BUT I have one in the wings, waiting for its turn at bat.

great PIF and one of the main reasons this site is fast growing to being one of my favs - the community that it builds

I always think of patina on silver or copper. Black on silver and green on copper. This razor is just plain old brass.

Sweet! Count me in! Never used or owned an open-comb or an SE, though I have started looking at them on Ebay.

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I'd like to try it- I have been wanting to see if anything could top my 1912 for shave quality.

Don't include me ... I just wanted to comment that I used my GEM pushbutton SE razor this morning and changed the blade.

On my GEM razor, the blade needs to rest in front hooks so there is a slight gap between the remainder of blade and razor before you close the razor head. See Youtube ... its hard to explain.

Never used a Micromatic, but if it is like my pushbutton, the winner needs to be aware of proper positioning of the blade.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Never tried one. Always wanted to try one.
I'm in!

Looking at your avatar, I have to say "You see in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend- those with loaded OCMMs, and those who dig" :)

Last edited:
Please put my name in the PIF as well. I've never used an OCMM, but I've been interested in trying one. It will either get well-used or PIF'd again.

Top Bottom