What's new

Anyone here tried both TOBS lavender and DRH lavender

B&Bers,
I have finished off my TOBS lavender and was thinking about buying another tub. I then saw the D.R. harris lavender and was interested in it. Have any of you guys used both of these creams? How would you compare the two? What would you reccomend as the best lavender scented cream out there?
Andy

I've used both TOBS and Harris lavenders. Harris is easily the better of the two. AoS and CF are both also better than Harris imo.

I just recently got them both. I've only done test lathers with them, but I would have to say the lather produced was very similar.
Major difference I noticed though.
Whereas the TOBS scent smacks you right in the face, I had to really get in there and sniff the Harris to find it.

But maybe thats just me.

I've used both TOBS and Harris lavenders. Harris is easily the better of the two. AoS and CF are both also better than Harris imo.
+1 ... I have used both the TOBS Lavender soap and the DRH cream. DRH is the winner all the way around, on scent, ease of use, lather produced, cushion and glide and other comfort factors, and it produces a better shave result.

TOBS-Lav is above average for a soap, but choosing between the two, I'd go with DRH cream if you're looking for an excellent lavender product.

By the way, you can always improve [scent of] lavender and rose creams by adding 2-3 drops of corresponding essential oil to shaving bowl.

Yes,Ive tried both plus several others. DR Harris is much better but Castle Forbes Lavender ranks right at the top also.

Craig

Top Bottom