What's new

Trying to get a Mont Blanc 149 shipped to Australia

I have been trying to purchase a Mont Blanc 149 and get it shipped to Australia. Contacted a few online sellers and they said as per Mont Blanc policy they cannot ship to Australia. The pen costs about $300-350 more here.

Could somebody please recommend an online retailer?

I have been trying to purchase a Mont Blanc 149 and get it shipped to Australia. Contacted a few online sellers and they said as per Mont Blanc policy they cannot ship to Australia. The pen costs about $300-350 more here...

Maybe time to invest in a schooner and do some blockade running. It never would have occurred to me there was a shipping embargo on fountain pens. The things I learn on B&B.

Maybe time to invest in a schooner and do some blockade running. It never would have occurred to me there was a shipping embargo on fountain pens. The things I learn on B&B.

Mont Blanc is very picky about their pens and retailers. In order to sell them, you must have a physical retail presence. Therefore, online only retailers cannot be MB authorized retailers. Additionally, retailers cannot list prices for their pens online. For most of the websites selling them, you have to contact the retailer via email or phone to inquire about price. I'm sure this is an attempt to discourage comparison shopping. There may be more restrictions, but those are the two I know of. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to find that MB discourages or outright tells their retailers not to ship outside of the country.

I think it is a similar policy to what Apple has, the won't ship from the Apple store US to any address outside of the United States.

Wonder why we have to pay so much more for everything in Australia, the Pen is almost $400 dearer here in Oz.

It's here :w00t:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Thanks for the help :thumbup:

Top Bottom