What's new

Anyone Do A Real Comparison Between P.160 vs. Cella?

I've done many searches and read countless threads on "What's the Best Soap?, but has anyone ever really done a direct shaving comparison between P.160 and Cella? I know P.160 is still available in limited quantities (been discontinued) and I thought I might purchase some to compare it with one of my current favorites, Cella. Are the two that much different?

IMO no they aren't that much different. Cella is cheaper. I'm curious about the Vitos, though I suspect its similar as well.

Supply and demand is driving the disparity in prices, imo.

I've read quite a bit about guys comparing both, so I'm not quite sure what you mean by REAL comparison. to me, they are both similar performers. the P160 leaves my skin feeling slightly more moisturized. Also, the smells are very different, as I'm sure you've read as well. I prefer the P160, which is why I give it the nod over Cella.

The italian soft soaps are all top-knotch. Valobra is great. So is Vitos and the RazoRock artisan soaps are really nice as well. The differences in performance are all very minor, which is why I order them in preference of scent. P160, Valobra, Vitos Coco, RazoRock, and Cella (sorry Marco).

I own both, and all I can say is no, they are not that different. P.160 has a sweeter almond smell, and is perhaps a tiny bit slicker, but that's about it.

If you want to try P.160, I have a little over a half-kilo of P.160 Tipo Morbido that I might be willing to part with. IMHO, since it's been discontinued, there isn't much point in falling in love with it.

I agree that the performance differential between these two soaps is marginal. As for scent, I love both in their own way, but my preference goes to Cella. I also find Cella leaves my skin that little bit softer also, however, again, the difference is subtle.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Both are fantastic soaps. I prefer the P.160 scent :001_wub: and, while I will miss it when it is gone, I will somehow manage to find a way to move on.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
My head says that in performance Cella = P.160. But my heart says that Cella > P.160.

P.S. And yes Blix, I'm in before your said 4... :laugh:

Thanks everyone for your responses...pretty much what I thought from my varoius readings. I really do like the Cella, but never having tried the P.160 I thought I might get a small container wihile it is still around and try it out. And TZee, thanks for the offer...I might just get back to you in the near future...especially if I have a problem getting P.160 in a small container. I know the Italian Barber has it listed, but is not shipping 'til the end of the month.

My head says that in performance Cella = P.160. But my heart says that Cella > P.160.

P.S. And yes Blix, I'm in before your said 4... :laugh:

Damn that was quick... I'm sure Marco has some sort of bat-signal arrangement going on for whenever someone mentions Cella :001_tt2:

I am steadily working my way through both bricks. As others have said they are pretty close in performance but the smell is different. I prefer P.160; it is a bit more friendly to my skin and I like the scent better.

When you like Cella you should get yourself some P.160 now when you still can. Soon it will become one of those mythical great soaps from the past and you will hate yourself for not taking a chance at it.....:mad2:

I own both, and all I can say is no, they are not that different. P.160 has a sweeter almond smell, and is perhaps a tiny bit slicker, but that's about it.

If you want to try P.160, I have a little over a half-kilo of P.160 Tipo Morbido that I might be willing to part with. IMHO, since it's been discontinued, there isn't much point in falling in love with it.

I thought I was the only one who felt that way... I can't get particularly excited about any product that is discontinued (consumable, anyway... Hardware is a different story.)

I really like using L'Occitane Cade cream (at least with my tube, and my soft water, it lathers and works great) but now that they have discontinued the cream, I just can't really get excited about using it any longer... Rather than go out and horde it, I'm more likely to either give it away, or use it heavy in my rotation just to get rid of it.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
In Italy:

1 kilo Cella € 8
1 kilo Vitos € 7
1 kilo P.160 € 7 (no longer available)

For what it is worth the ingredients of P.160 and Cella are as follows:

P.160 - Aqua, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Tallow, Cocos Nucifera, Potassium Hydroxide, Parfum, Potassium Carbonate, Benzyl Alcohol, Tetrasodium EDTA

Cella (red tub) - Cocos Nucifera Oil, Tallow, Stearic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Aqua, Potassium Carbonate, Parfum

Assuming that they are in order there are a couple of differences.

Mod Note:

Please limit the comments in this thread to the merits of the soaps in question.

If you feel the need to review a vendors performance- a post in the Shopping and Deals forum would be most the most appropriate place.

Vendors cannot post about policy or pricing outside the vendors corner.

Top Bottom